Do you SEE in REEF?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
54,861
Reaction score
122,510
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Funny question but a valid question.

My wife just a few minutes ago was putting on some eye-liner when she stated that her eyelashes were getting thicker and thicker and that little ones were growing under them. My first and immediate response was, "do you want me to frag them?"

She then proceeded to tell me to shut up! LOL! :nerd:


How about you, what do you see in the regular world that reminds you of your reef?
 
Flowers and insects! I take a lot of Macro photography, including flowers and insects. I'm amazed at the similarities between fowers and a lot of corals, insects and a lot of our reef inverts! "Intelligent Design"

Recently, a friend who's also in the hobby, and his wife had a baby. Of course, I congratulated him on his new lil' fragglette!
 
Glad you started this one Rev. I have had many similar experiences and felt like my obsession with corals had gone overboard. Trees and flowers seem to always bring me back to corals :) Part of this I think is my obsession with coral and part is simply the recognition of the continuity of patterns throughout nature...including eyelashes...
 
Yes trees, bushes, flowers all remind me of corals! LOL!
 
Yes trees, bushes, flowers all remind me of corals! LOL!

Same here. Lots of trees remind me of sps and bushes and flowers remind me of lps and soft corals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
 
Often something new and interesting will grow in my yard and the first thing that comes to mind is to cut a piece off and put it somewhere else where I can enjoy it. I have never done any gardening or tree grafting but this hobby makes me think it might be a good idea. Just like coral keeping the pretty ones that grow well are weeds so I know to be careful LOL.
 
Today I accidentally said a part of a car, design on the side, was gills. I have no clue why I said gills, but it looked kinda like shark gills I guess. Hahahaha
 
LOL.

Trees look like Acros to me :tongue:

Not related to reefing, but the other day, I was drawing plans for my sump. I accidentally drew a line that was not supposed to be there, and I closed my eyes and said in my mind: Apple + Z (Undo) :hammer: I must be spending too much time on the computer :tongue:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new