Does my clownfish have ich?

reefer844

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently noticed a white looking smudge on the face of my clownfish and I’m not sure what it is. The fish is still eating so I’m hoping he’s fine but something just looks off to me. I don’t have much experience with ich but I’m really hoping that he isn’t a victim to it. Any help would be appreciated

Hetts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently noticed a white looking smudge on the face of my clownfish and I’m not sure what it is. The fish is still eating so I’m hoping he’s fine but something just looks off to me. I don’t have much experience with ich but I’m really hoping that he isn’t a victim to it. Any help would be appreciated
No that does not look like ich. Ich is normally a bunch of small white spots all over your fish and is caused from rapid water temp changes or stress to the fish. Best of luck!

OP
OP
R

reefer844

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No that does not look like ich. Ich is normally a bunch of small white spots all over your fish and is caused from rapid water temp changes or stress to the fish. Best of luck!
I just witnessed my clownfish both going at each other and locking mouths so I can only assume the face looks weird as a result of this fighting. Also his back fin is torn and I can’t imagine ich would cause fins to rip. These clowns have only been together for about a week and a half now so fighting wouldn’t surprise me at all and he is eating well so I think he’s fine

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back