Does my Crocea need more light?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bam327
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bam327

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 10, 2020
Messages
245
Reaction score
195
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dropped this girl in yesterday after acclimating first for 90 minutes. Within just a few minutes she opened up but today she seems really open. I don’t have much experience with these guys but I know they need a lot of light. I have her slightly above mid level in my tank. I can move her higher up on a shelf if needed but I know I shouldn’t mess with them if I don’t need to. I am running 4x blue+, 1x coral +, and 1x purple +. These 6 bulbs are on for 6 hours each day. I’m running 2x Blue + with an actinic LED bar for another 4 hours each day, and just the actinic bar for 4 additional hours by itself.

69F62BF8-853B-4B67-857F-F4F377ABEBF4.jpeg
 
They do open very wide. That is normal. I am not sure what PAR you are getting, but they like light. Mine are under t5s and are just fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new