Does my Crocea need more light?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bam327
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bam327

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 10, 2020
Messages
245
Reaction score
195
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dropped this girl in yesterday after acclimating first for 90 minutes. Within just a few minutes she opened up but today she seems really open. I don’t have much experience with these guys but I know they need a lot of light. I have her slightly above mid level in my tank. I can move her higher up on a shelf if needed but I know I shouldn’t mess with them if I don’t need to. I am running 4x blue+, 1x coral +, and 1x purple +. These 6 bulbs are on for 6 hours each day. I’m running 2x Blue + with an actinic LED bar for another 4 hours each day, and just the actinic bar for 4 additional hours by itself.

69F62BF8-853B-4B67-857F-F4F377ABEBF4.jpeg
 
They do open very wide. That is normal. I am not sure what PAR you are getting, but they like light. Mine are under t5s and are just fine.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new