Does this clown look healthy

atul176

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this clown for about 13 days in qt, with copper power and GC for prophylactic ich/velvet treatment, and for intestinal parasites(stringy white feces). Originally it refused to eat, but after dosing gc in wc, he regained his appetite. I’m now feeding medicated food and is eating very well. Does it look slightly skinny or am I just being paranoid. Let me know if you need better pictures.

088CB088-1A54-40A9-A719-7ECEDE63A21D.jpeg 6496E422-3461-4733-8B6F-2D3A1B4C4690.jpeg 7E84314C-7818-4235-9F00-16D57FD79EDB.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. He only accepts omega one pellets, and I’ve been feeding it to him laced with gc.
Be REALLY careful just adding GC to food. If you don't properly control the amount of medication, the metronidazole, being very bitter, will put the fish off its feed in a heartbeat. The fish then become gun shy, and often won't feed on that food again, even if untreated.

Here is a link to a sticky I wrote about how difficult it is to dose medicated foods properly:

Jay

OP
OP
A

atul176

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be REALLY careful just adding GC to food. If you don't properly control the amount of medication, the metronidazole, being very bitter, will put the fish off its feed in a heartbeat. The fish then become gun shy, and often won't feed on that food again, even if untreated.

Here is a link to a sticky I wrote about how difficult it is to dose medicated foods properly:

Jay
Surprisingly it doesn’t rlly care. It eats anything that looks like an omega one pellet. I have two other foods on hand in case it decides to stop eating. As for the GC lacing, I just followed HF recipe, but how would you theoretically go about dosing proper amounts if calculating the mass is not feasible? From my experience dosing the water is usually a hit or miss, but that could just be Bc I’m not doing it correctly. I’m curious to know about how one would go about dosing oral medication if I don’t have the means to calculate mass?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your clown is eating it, you are below therapeutic levels of metro (grin). @threebuoys has made a really cool medicated food calculator, but it is complicated.

Jay

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%
Back