Does this mean the seam is failing?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp, now I have a temp 75g lagoon style tank….

at least it’s plumbed into the sump so I still have filtration and aeration..
You should do a build thread, especially for Red Sea owners. :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

Sorry, but glad it didn't hit the floor uncontrolled. :cool:

Reeferbadness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's how my V1 XXL 750's seam failed. It was 3.5 years old. Red Sea replaced the tank, stand and tossed in a RS ATO. Contact them ASAP, get all documents ready (invoice, photos etc) and hopefully they will make you whole. That was Dec 14th. My new 750XXL is now 1 month old and thriving. Hang in there, you can rebuild.
IMG_4008.jpeg

IMG_4008.jpeg

OP
OP
Ziggy17

Ziggy17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should do a build thread, especially for Red Sea owners. :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

Sorry, but glad it didn't hit the floor uncontrolled. :cool:
Well, I did rob you of a 24 hour livestream of the tank. So to make you whole, come summer time, I’m going to fill it up out side and get a webcam on it. I’m actually curious how much life was left in the seam. I’d be lying if I said I won’t be watching the stream whilst not at home. giggidy.

OP
OP
Ziggy17

Ziggy17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's how my V1 XXL 750's seam failed. It was 3.5 years old. Red Sea replaced the tank, stand and tossed in a RS ATO. Contact them ASAP, get all documents ready (invoice, photos etc) and hopefully they will make you whole. That was Dec 14th. My new 750XXL is now 1 month old and thriving. Hang in there, you can rebuild.
IMG_4008.jpeg

IMG_4008.jpeg
im glad the took care of you. They are quick to respond and pretty easy to work with.

I get that the failures are horrible and can easily ruin a life for awhile when it happens, but I will admit, they don’t **** around with their customer service after the fact.

Reeferbadness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im glad the took care of you. They are quick to respond and pretty easy to work with.

I get that the failures are horrible and can easily ruin a life for awhile when it happens, but I will admit, they don’t **** around with their customer service after the fact.
Ya, it was pretty devastating but luckily i have a 2nd 180 g tank and a friend lent me two frag tanks. Between these i was able to save all live rock, all fish (although had a wrasse jump from the frag tank) and most coral. So far, new tank is acting fully cycled. I also saved about 50g of the old water and mixed old sand with new live sand. All in all it was 3 weeks of hell until the new tank arrived and then had to pay someone to help me get it up and running but issues with tanks are all part of the hobby. #reeflife :)

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@isf365 this might give you an idea of how to handle it. Very well documented

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back