Don't build a fish room without this! What else would you add?

Dedicated Fish Room

• I have a dedicated fish room

Votes: 202 29.4%
  • I do not have a dedicated fish room

Votes: 148 21.6%
  • I do not have a dedicated fish room but I want to have one in the future

Votes: 205 29.9%
  • I have a room but it's not just for the tank

Votes: 131 19.1%

• Total voters

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will be converting part of our unfinished basement into a fish room when we upgrade to a 300 gallon hopefully end of 2020. There is already a floor drain and is where our water mixing and storage station is. The tank will be a 300gallon peninsula on the other side of the wall in the finished family room area of the basement. Already plan on adding a utility sink and dedicated circuits. Hose and sprayer is a great idea too! Also planning on having the sump raised because I want to be able to get a siphon for doing water changes. We plan on the leaving the concrete floor bare so we don’t have to worry about spills. It’s going to be amazing, and I cannot wait!

RobertP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this is convenient! Just started so it is a work in process. My tanks have been in storage for almost 2 years and now that our house is done I have started on my fish garage! The garage is insulated and have a heat pump water heater that cools and dehumidifies the air in the garage. We will see how well it does against Texas summers but have been encouraged. That is my old 130 gal tank that will live here as a grow out tank and that 80 gal is my refugium....I LOVE watching the refugium! Both of these tanks are over 10 years old and have been in storage for a while so hoping they wont leak. After we get more settled in the house we will add a large display tank to the house and it will go on the other side of the sump wall...yes, that was part of our house plans.

I only did one dedicated 20amp outlet and should have done at least three of them. Since the house and garage is foam insulated running more wires is not something I want to tackle in a brand new house. I did run internet to the garage but my wifi is fairly decent in here so might not be needed.

water tanks.jpg layout.jpg

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 87 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back