Dont you dare use Mobius without reading this!

Nikolai_VN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi every one, 6 months old reefer here!
Im here to warn you guys about mobius app of ecotech marine Radion and Votex pump. I was a mobius beta user, which it fine, but now it is completely nightmare!
I brough a new Radion G4 + MP40, and i was going to set everything up on Mobius, then i have an emergency call and turn the app off when it dowloading firmware
to my Radion and Votex.
Now, i cant link them to Mobius anymore! And the first light was connect to Mobius also can't connect with Ecosmartlive!
Beware if you are going or using Mobius, it seem handly at first, but it will make you nightmare come true in (especially small country like VietNam, where you cant get a properly support or warranty).
I will update if there is anything new!
Hope to see you guys suggestion! Thanks alot.

OP
OP
N

Nikolai_VN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update!!
Found out and slove the issue as soon as possible, the local distributor helped me alot.
After 1 affternoon and it all set!
Thanks EzAqua and Ecotech Marine Supporter for help!
Happy Reefing guys! <3

Exib

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 2 x MP40 and Radion XR30 Pro purchased in December 2019 don't connect to Mobius

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's a beta tester in case anyone missed it.

And as far as my reading goes, linking anything other then a versa pump right now, only applies to beta testers.
I wasn’t sure if that was the case, I wonder when they will go public with the full version. But I’m not a beta tester and can’t see anyone else here that might be?

OP
OP
N

Nikolai_VN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 2 x MP40 and Radion XR30 Pro purchased in December 2019 don't connect to Mobius
You must have a beta version, get code from Ecotech Marine Support, then add to App Test Flight on IOS

dvlpr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know when they'll release beta into production? I have Radions hooked up and would love to get my MP40s there as well - and then I guess I'll need to buy the Ecotech doser :)

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know when they'll release beta into production? I have Radions hooked up and would love to get my MP40s there as well - and then I guess I'll need to buy the Ecotech doser :)
I looks like it may be awhile all indications I’ve seen. Don’t feel bad though, it’s plagued with bugs at the moment

OP
OP
N

Nikolai_VN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They already release the app in Appstore, but funny things is you can only add devices to mobius by Beta App.

dvlpr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They already release the app in Appstore, but funny things is you can only add devices to mobius by Beta App.
I just checked and yes, there is an update - installing now, but looks like support for MP40s is not there yet. In any case, good that the development is active and I'm definitely not buying the ReefLink :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back