Dorvillidae worm good or bad?

Neseem

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2020
Messages
135
Reaction score
255
Location
Los Angeles
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed a few of these little buggers going in and out of tiny holes on my Hammer coral. Are they harmful? Thank you!
 
I'll try to get a pic but after looking online, they look the same. Thank you!
sometimes they look simitar to other types of worms like the Eunicidae without magnification, most Eunicid worms are harmless also despite the reputation. as a general rule of thumb, bad hitchhikers will do bad things soon through the quarantine period
 
also as a general rule "ugly" hitchhikers get blamed on things whether they do it or not
 
also as a general rule "ugly" hitchhikers get blamed on things whether they do it or not
Thanks for the information! I QT all my corals and have had these Hammers in there for almost 3 months (dipped several time during this period). They seem healthy and open up really nice! I noticed the little worms early in the morning with a flashlight. Soon as they see the light they slip into some opening and disappear.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new