Dosing Acropower - Daily or Weekly?

zweebe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I've been reading the thread over there as I would add AcroPower to my tank because I really struggling to increase my nutrients level..

I'm actually at 7 dKh but my nutrients are indetectable.. No3 with Salifert and Po4 with Hanna (not the ULR Phosphorus but the Normal one).

Would you advice me to add AcroPower?

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I've been reading the thread over there as I would add AcroPower to my tank because I really struggling to increase my nutrients level..

I'm actually at 7 dKh but my nutrients are indetectable.. No3 with Salifert and Po4 with Hanna (not the ULR Phosphorus but the Normal one).

Would you advice me to add AcroPower?
Yes, cant hurt. Start slow and increase the dosage until you see an increase in film on the glass or algae start to grow, then dial it back a little bit before that point.

As a reference I dose 3ml every morning on a 110g total volume system.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok great ! Thanks @BigJohnny !

AcroPower can be pluged on a dosing pump? Or should it keep to the fridge? ^^
Yes, imo one of the advantages of acropower over similar products is that it does not need to be refrigerated or shaken before dosing. I use a dosing pump.

Peanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, imo one of the advantages of acropower over similar products is that it does not need to be refrigerated or shaken before dosing. I use a dosing pump.

I was thinking of dosing this but the very first thing it says on the bottle's directions is "Shake well." ....and then goes on to say it can be dosed with a pump. Very confusing.

Capture.JPG

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of dosing this but the very first thing it says on the bottle's directions is "Shake well." ....and then goes on to say it can be dosed with a pump. Very confusing.

Capture.JPG
I asked julian sprung in person and he said it doesn't need to be shaken or refrigerated. I think maybe those instructions are old and the production process wasnt as good as it is now, or they say that just in case something separated or settled during transit (who knows, rapid temp swings etc). I dose it with a dosing pump and its sitting in a clear DIY Voss bottle dosing container, it always looks homogeneous. I have used probably 3 liters in the last 2 years.

Trevor40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up a bottle of Acropower. Even after the first dosage I can see more polyp extension. Must be the sugar or whatever else is in there that tastes sweet.

Chris Kelly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had my Dos clog up something bad while dosing Acropower. I as of now have not been able to unclog the tubing lines and think I will have to replace the pump heads. I would not recommend using a dosing pump to deliver this solution.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had my Dos clog up something bad while dosing Acropower. I as of now have not been able to unclog the tubing lines and think I will have to replace the pump heads. I would not recommend using a dosing pump to deliver this solution.
That's really weird and not likely due to acropower. I've been dosing it in kamoer f4 for years. It's a very thin homogeneous solution that doesnt even need to be mixed or stirred and does not settle.

Reefcowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose 20 ml daily on my 150 sps tank. My No3 is 2ppm, po4 hovers around zero with help of GFO and a large refugium. My advice is everyones tanks is different, I would start once a week and increase dosage, observing the corals. Yes algae on the glass will increase and cyano is the first sign of too much/too often. At that point reduce dose and find the equilibrium.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back