Dosing for Nano Tank

you would think it makes account for that, I have never
I gave up dosing on nanos. I had more issues with dosers as I assume i was dosing to little and they just clogged.

Now just keep it simple with WCs and kalk in the ato.
i have a nano 25 gal and have no issues with dosing. You need to increase the demand and add more corals. mine is packed with sps, my demand is 1.1dkh per day. I would really shy away from kalk all together especially in the ato. In the ato its not consistent enough and it very hard on the pump. If you go with a stirrer and a dosing pump you will have great success until ure demand goes up and u have to does hundreds of ML of kalk to maintain parameters, that much freshwater in a nano is a huge problem. I just went through this i needed 700ml per day and my salinity was going to low. My suggestion is do water changes until you can no longer maintain parameters. When that happens switch to AFR and the versa. ive been keeping my 25 for 3 + years ive learned alot and made some serious mistakes.
 
I gave up dosing on nanos. I had more issues with dosers as I assume i was dosing to little and they just clogged.

Now just keep it simple with WCs and kalk in the ato.
Send me a facebook dm. i have 3+ years with nano's and can help you.

tw fisher is my contact info
 
I gave up dosing on nanos. I had more issues with dosers as I assume i was dosing to little and they just clogged.

Now just keep it simple with WCs and kalk in the ato.
what corals do you currently have?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new