Dosing for Nano Tank

tedfisher496

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you would think it makes account for that, I have never
I gave up dosing on nanos. I had more issues with dosers as I assume i was dosing to little and they just clogged.

Now just keep it simple with WCs and kalk in the ato.
i have a nano 25 gal and have no issues with dosing. You need to increase the demand and add more corals. mine is packed with sps, my demand is 1.1dkh per day. I would really shy away from kalk all together especially in the ato. In the ato its not consistent enough and it very hard on the pump. If you go with a stirrer and a dosing pump you will have great success until ure demand goes up and u have to does hundreds of ML of kalk to maintain parameters, that much freshwater in a nano is a huge problem. I just went through this i needed 700ml per day and my salinity was going to low. My suggestion is do water changes until you can no longer maintain parameters. When that happens switch to AFR and the versa. ive been keeping my 25 for 3 + years ive learned alot and made some serious mistakes.

tedfisher496

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gave up dosing on nanos. I had more issues with dosers as I assume i was dosing to little and they just clogged.

Now just keep it simple with WCs and kalk in the ato.
Send me a facebook dm. i have 3+ years with nano's and can help you.

tw fisher is my contact info

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 49 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back