Dosing Once a Week for Softies

If you measure at the same time daily and have not done a WC, then Alk should not be fluctuating, down maybe, up nope.

Either you have testing error flux or your MG is not in the normal range of 1260-1360ppm and ALK and CA are precipitating out of the water.

Im 180g packed mixed reef including 5 clams and I only use .5dkh per 24 hours, so you with softies using .2dkh daily seems weird.

Just check MG and ensure it’s in the range, if so, try another test.
Okay I will do that thank you, I’m very surprised your mixed reef which includes that many alk/cal vacuum clams only uses .5 dkh lol. What do you dose?
 
Okay I will do that thank you, I’m very surprised your mixed reef which includes that many alk/cal vacuum clams only uses .5 dkh lol. What do you dose?
In year 4 of this system, In combination with my weekly water change, I need to dose 21ml of Seachem Fusion 1 and 2 + 15ml of AquaVitro IONS (MG) daily to maintain virtually no flux in these three parameters. I dose Alk each hour on the hour and CA each hour on the half-hour.

It started with 5ml 4 years ago, and has risen by about 1ml every couple of months.
7658B85E-DA33-4342-98A5-BEF85E200B24.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new