Dosing Pump Calibration (in general)

potatocouch

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2016
Messages
617
Reaction score
219
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I initially calibrated Kamoer doser, I did the wrong thing by using RODI water and obviously the real liquids (Ca, Alk, Mg, NoPox) have different viscosity.

The calibration is totally OFF. 1 min calibration for RODI water comes out to 45 ml, whilst using that exact calibration, I'm only getting 15 ml of NoPox.

So what I did is calibrated the doser using the real liquids (NoPox in this instance) and dosing it straight to sump, BUT with container under the output tube.

This way, we are mimicking the real production environment.

I thought I check if I'm doing this the right way or the wrong way?

In saying that, I can still see the tube is not fully filled with NoPox (there's a gap of air here and there), even after being primed numerous times.

Few times trial, it's getting to the ml that I wanted.

Dosingpumpsystem2.JPG
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new