Dosing pumps that are compatible with Milwaukee mc122 contoller

tmggi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking to monitor my nano reef with Milwaukee mc122 ph controller. I want to use a Kamoer nano dosing pump with Wi-Fi capabilitiy as the Milwaukee dosing pump mp810 does not have Wi-Fi functions. But is the Kamoer compatible with the Milwaukee ph controller ?

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The MC122 is a very basic controller. You set the pH point and then flip a switch for over or under. If you have over selected the controller turns on an outlet whenever the pH is over the set value. If you have under selected then the controller turns on an outlet whenever the pH is below the set value.

You can plug whatever you want into the outlet on the controller.

I am not sure what you are trying to do. There are 2 possible things you could do with this controller.

1. The bundle with the dosing pump linked below has a dumb dosing pump that just turns on or off above or below a set value. I have seen people use this to dose kalk and decide to control the dose based on pH rather than alkalinity. In this case, you would add kalk whenever the ph dropped below the set value. I have also seen freshwater aquarists use this to add acid to South American tanks and make sure the water stayed acidic when they were topping off with neutral or basic water.

2. You could also use the controller alone as a fail-safe. In this case, you could use a Kamoer to dose a specific amount of something each day. If what you are dosing has a ph effect say vinegar dropping pH or Kalk raising pH you could use the Milwaukee controller to turn off the outlet the pump was plugged into in the event that the pump got stuck on and overdosed dropping or raising the ph above the set value. Link to a Kamoer doser below.

Upvote 0

boogiesnap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resurrecting…
I’m interested in this kit, anyone know what the failsafe is(or isn’t)in place or used to prevent this from overfilling the tank?

Like say I set it to turn off if PH goes below 8.2 and it takes 3/4 gallon saturated kalkwater to get there and turn off but the tank at the time can only hold another 1/2 gallon?
I realize 3/4 gallon addition is extreme, but just saying as an example.
Not to even mention salinity swinging
Am I being dense here? Something obvious I’m missing?

Upvote 0

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resurrecting…
I’m interested in this kit, anyone know what the failsafe is(or isn’t)in place or used to prevent this from overfilling the tank?

Like say I set it to turn off if PH goes below 8.2 and it takes 3/4 gallon saturated kalkwater to get there and turn off but the tank at the time can only hold another 1/2 gallon?
I realize 3/4 gallon addition is extreme, but just saying as an example.
Not to even mention salinity swinging
Am I being dense here? Something obvious I’m missing?
There is no fail-safe. Most people using this kit would not use it with kalkwasser but rather something like Sodium Hydroxide where it would be essentially impossible to exceed the evaporation rate. If using it with kalkwasser it is better to dose a fixed amount and use the controller as a fail-safe in case the kalkwasser is overdosed.

Upvote 0

boogiesnap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no fail-safe. Most people using this kit would not use it with kalkwasser but rather something like Sodium Hydroxide where it would be essentially impossible to exceed the evaporation rate. If using it with kalkwasser it is better to dose a fixed amount and use the controller as a fail-safe in case the kalkwasser is overdosed.
That’s what I’m doing now, dosing set amount over the course of a day.
Was interested in implementing Chris meckleys method of dosing kalk to a PH level but without investing into an entire controller ecosystem .
I don’t trust myself with sodium hydroxide

Upvote 0

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could also try this method at a low pH and then slowly up it until you notice it exceeds evaporation. For example, set the doser to 8.1, and then if that doesn't overflow go to 8.2 and then slowly inch it upwards until you notice that your water level is rising then back down.

Upvote 0

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 22.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back