downhill_biker's 200g Marineland Deep Dimension Starphire

gilmour01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm loving the deep dimension tanks. i think i'm going to do a 200g deep dimension when i upgrade. keep the pics coming!

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank! I love how you used the buckets as baffles, great idea and very functional. Leaves plenty of open room in the sump too, well done.

I'm a reefer/biker too... but my bikes have engines ;)

OP
OP
downhill_biker

downhill_biker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm loving the deep dimension tanks. i think i'm going to do a 200g deep dimension when i upgrade. keep the pics coming!

I like the 200g because of the 4' length. I would like longer, but then you have to buy more lights, more powerheads, more rock...I also like that it is almost cube shaped.

OP
OP
downhill_biker

downhill_biker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that must be nice free rock and sand :)

The rock and sand was free, but I didn't use any of the free rock. It was too round and too hard to aquascape. I ended up buying a bunch of rock from someone that was taking down their tank. The sand works good for my DSB, but it is super fine and blows around, so I had to cover it with aragonite in my display.

OP
OP
downhill_biker

downhill_biker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank! I love how you used the buckets as baffles, great idea and very functional. Leaves plenty of open room in the sump too, well done.

I'm a reefer/biker too... but my bikes have engines ;)

Dont know what made me think of the buckets, but it works great. They were cheap and they are very fuctional. They work just as intended, I cant complain one little bit.

Road bike or dirt bike? I used to ride dirtbikes quite a bit growing up, and the gas for the pedal bike is much cheaper.

OP
OP
downhill_biker

downhill_biker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE:

Got my 500 nassarius snails today, and so far it looks like 100% survival. They are going everywhere!

coralandsnails020.jpg

OP
OP
downhill_biker

downhill_biker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow thats alot of snail

500 of them. They are nassarius onyx snails and after purchasing them I was told they are not as good as vibex, but they were cheaper. They dont have any hermits to kill them for their shells, so I think they should last a while. Snails die, and thats part of it, so I would rather replace them with cheap ones, than with ones that are way more expensive and dont do as good of a job at cleaning.

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to see you here Curtis. This is where I hang out when wmas is slow.
But I keep losing all my money on the 21 table. LOL

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow where did you get the nassarius snails at and how much? if you dont mind me asking, iv been looking for somewhere to get a lot of them for a good price

Back