OP
OP
downhill_biker

downhill_biker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to update with some pics of a few of my corals. This is by no means all of them, but I didn't want to take up 20 pages of pics...lol. I will update more later. Full tank shots dont show any of these corals, because they are all frags and look tiny in a 200g reef!

Undata
corals041.jpg

Purple Polyp Monti
corals055.jpg

Superman
corals030.jpg

Setosa
corals015.jpg

Sunset
corals012.jpg

Purple Haze
corals036.jpg

Reeferdood

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL!
Mine was there once! Just remember, when it takes off you will be shocked at how quickly things grow & fill that empty tank up!

OP
OP
downhill_biker

downhill_biker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL!
Mine was there once! Just remember, when it takes off you will be shocked at how quickly things grow & fill that empty tank up!

Things are already taking off like crazy. I think my red planet has added about 4-5 branches. The robusta used to be about 1/4" and now it is 2x1" branches. All of the coral is encrusting like crazy. It is going to seriously fill the tank up quick.

rng_pw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice coral collection. nice pics also. Really like the cali tort.

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got to come over and see your setup sometime Curtis. You have some sweet coral.

OP
OP
downhill_biker

downhill_biker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today was the WMAS sponsored Mountain West Reef Fest, and it was a blast. I didn't initially intend to go, couldn't really afford it and I knew what kind of stuff was going to be there. I knew there was going to be some sweet stuff and it was going to be too tempting.

Well I got tempted, big time! But before I get to that I would like to say that the event was amazing! There were great booths representing many of the great big name products that we all use on a daily basis. I enjoyed talking with them, listening to the presentations and looking at all the coral. This event was a hit!

Now, what I got tempted with, Dave from Reef Kingdom had some amazing stuff and once I saw it I couldn't let it pass. Now I have to sell a bunch of coral to pay my rent...lol. Bought 2 amazing trachy's, honestly these are so insane. For those that saw them at the actual show, you can vouch, they are probably brighter in person than they are in the pictures. I am completely blown away by these corals.

trachy005.jpg

trachy009.jpg

trachy006.jpg

trachy019.jpg

trachy025.jpg

trachy028.jpg

OP
OP
downhill_biker

downhill_biker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright I got some new full tank shots last night and thought I would share. I really like taking pics at night because you get a whole lot less glare. Frags are still small but they are growing steadily. It will be a while before they actually look like corals instead of my tank looking like a frag tank.

fts001.jpg

fts002.jpg

fts003.jpg

And I got another pic of the new Trachyphillia. Come on all you lurkers let me know what you think.

fts010.jpg

OP
OP
downhill_biker

downhill_biker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks gilmour01, how long do you think it will take before the corals grow in? I have really only had a frag tank before, or at least a tank that i fragged out of constantly so the corals never got real big...lol.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 74 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.1%
Back