Dragon eels together?

speedjester

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 18” Japanese Dragon eel in my 180 along with a 12” Grey face. They are getting along no issues. The issue is I was just offered a deal I’m finding hard to resist on another Japanese Dragon eel. Anyone see any issues arising? I know they’ll out grow the tank. I have a 360Dt and a lg shark pond for when they get bigger.

Thoughts?
B423827B-1730-4227-BC51-0B51AECFFB99.jpeg

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be better if they are male and female, as males may have angst with each. While the tank size we dictate greatly, in the wild mature eels do live singularly. Some will have initial success especially with younger eels, but the true test is in maturity. Do a quick search to see the differences between males and females.

OP
OP
S

speedjester

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be better if they are male and female, as males may have angst with each. While the tank size we dictate greatly, in the wild mature eels do live singularly. Some will have initial success especially with younger eels, but the true test is in maturity. Do a quick search to see the differences between males and females.
I’ve read the males are known to be more vibrant. No real outward signs of Sex as I’ve been able to find out.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These eels are so beautiful!! My dream eel for sure! Im not sure I would tempt fate if this was my eel but I totally see why you would want another!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 45 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back