Drilled two tanks today, not perfect, will either work?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MoshJosh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2022
Messages
4,532
Reaction score
4,825
Location
Grand Junction
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tried my hand and drilling some tanks again today, had some issues with the drillbit drifting and sort of grinding off a little more glass than I wanted. I tested both and they both seem to hold water, but just wanna know your thoughts on the safety of using them. The hole on the evo is it especially wide, and the glass is pretty thin right up to where the gasket ends

Fluval evo:
78D2F70B-BAB1-4892-8CD8-44AEBECD3412.jpeg
A4E0D6B2-7A58-4E22-99D0-838405E2622B.jpeg
7258AAAD-DAE4-475A-8C01-F2018D91DA24.jpeg
E94FDC2B-D078-415E-9F42-96D29F891DE5.jpeg



Aqueon 10 gallon:
7CB3A2DD-4238-418D-B510-3A389977B501.jpeg

FAD86E7E-2985-46EB-A353-3B54C50209AD.jpeg
 
Should be fine. I dont see any cracks just a few scratches and chips.
 
Yeah I agree- should be ok. Looks like the “drifting” is on the outside, and bulkhead seal is on the inside. As long as the gasket makes a good seal on the onside you should be fine.

good luck and happy reefing!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new