Drilling Tank. What kind of overflow?

BarneyPSU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m getting ready to start a 54 gallon corner bow front tank and I am drilling a side panel to add an overflow. I cannot drill the bottom, but the sides are not tempered and can be drilled. What kind of overflow would everyone recommend? I’m looking for as quiet as possible since the tank is in the living room. The tank is rimmed and I also want to keep the water line at or above the line of the rim if possible.

magallonbuckinbulls

Beers, Bulls, and Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m getting ready to start a 54 gallon corner bow front tank and I am drilling a side panel to add an overflow. I cannot drill the bottom, but the sides are not tempered and can be drilled. What kind of overflow would everyone recommend? I’m looking for as quiet as possible since the tank is in the living room. The tank is rimmed and I also want to keep the water line at or above the line of the rim if possible.
1708406770105.png

toi_ss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go for a herbie overflow because they are more simple then bean animal overflows, while only having to drill 2 holes and buy less pvc. Basically the bean animal above but without the secondary standpipe

fltt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A friend just drilled and installed the modular marine overflow on a 54 corner. I will try and get some pictures for you. He didn't get water in it yet. He said he really liked the quality and design of the over flow. He also said he had to trim the rim little to make the water line above the rim.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back