Dry Rock Questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter KoleTang
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

KoleTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 27, 2011
Messages
2,346
Reaction score
83
Location
Woodbury, MN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few q's

#1 I just got 50lbs of BRS Eco Rock. In the shipment there were too big rocks that I had problems with. Inside they were crumbly and the crumbly parts get mushy when wet. You know how BRS says that the holes in the Eco rock are from low pH tunnels. Well it seems like I got some rocks that the pH was stopped mid process :(

Should I be concerned?

----------------------------------

#2 I have heard good things about marco rocks. My only question is: Is there any die-off on the marco rocks? The reason I like BRS eco tock is the lack of die-off.

Thanks! :wink:
 
I ended up with marco. Love it and put into the tank 2-6 pieces at a time (over a week and depending on the rock size) with the rock that I had at the time. Never had any issues with PH or die off. Possibly ordering more soon too.
 
Marco rock is awesome. It is dry rock so there is no die off. This rock has so many crevices it works great as a coperpod hotel also. It is also so porous that you will need less the you think. I figured I needed 80 lbs of live rock for my tank, I went with marco and ordered 80 lbs and have 20 lbs sitting in my closet.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new