D's homemade AIO 40 gallon

Thanks it's definitely been fun thus far, I really have never seen him fully extended.
Just wait, it will, and then nothing will be safe! 🤣
200.gif
 
Added Chaeto to the rear of by aquarium, stopped by the LFS to see they were in the middle of a remodel and stock was low. New fish next week for the tank hopefully. Used my old lite for the rear of the tank so the chaeto has some light. Recharged my Hypersorb, some of my zoas that is close to my devil finger are starting to look worse for ware. So hopefully recharging my hypersorb will help with some of the toxins in the aquarium. Toad stool is showing more polyp extention, but still not alot of color. Weekly Maintaince and update complete. All photos are from my new camera enjoy.
Deep Breath Yes GIF by Mashed
 

Attachments

  • DSC05373.JPG
    DSC05373.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC05391.JPG
    DSC05391.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC05389.JPG
    DSC05389.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC05385.JPG
    DSC05385.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC05384.JPG
    DSC05384.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC05380.JPG
    DSC05380.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC05379.JPG
    DSC05379.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC05378.JPG
    DSC05378.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC05377.JPG
    DSC05377.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC05375.JPG
    DSC05375.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC05393.JPG
    DSC05393.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC05395.JPG
    DSC05395.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 60
So, I tried to crash my tank 2 this week. I forgot to plug the heater back in after last weeks water change, and then just a couple of days later my ATO tank was dry. So everything is kinda ticked. Believe it or not my pandora's are bleached a little. Also Work has been crazy, enjoy the snail closeups this week. Not everything was bad, today at my LFS I picked up a lowboy tank for $40. Not sure of the volume, but it measures inside as 16inches wide, 30 Long, 8.5 high. Its in a bit of ruff shape, but nothing I can't fix.
 

Attachments

  • DSC05458.JPG
    DSC05458.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC05484.JPG
    DSC05484.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC05483.JPG
    DSC05483.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC05478.JPG
    DSC05478.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC05464.JPG
    DSC05464.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC05453.JPG
    DSC05453.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC05439.JPG
    DSC05439.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC05430.JPG
    DSC05430.JPG
    192 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC05482.JPG
    DSC05482.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 65
Just a written update this week, chaeto is much more efficient than I thought at nutrient export. Nitrates and such dropped to zero. I notice my zoas looking even worse than they were, and go figure I was starving them. So removed my chemical filtration, over fed, and after 48 hours it registers nitrates (yay). Now waiting the for outbreaks of cyano, algae, and what not that will come from the nutrient spike. Gave away around 70-100 collonista snails, and received a pink Kenya tree in exchange. Also skipped a water change to assist with nutrient levels. Let's see what happens. Also started up my other aquarium as a QT tank for an upcoming fish purchase.
 
Just a written update this week, chaeto is much more efficient than I thought at nutrient export. Nitrates and such dropped to zero. I notice my zoas looking even worse than they were, and go figure I was starving them. So removed my chemical filtration, over fed, and after 48 hours it registers nitrates (yay). Now waiting the for outbreaks of cyano, algae, and what not that will come from the nutrient spike. Gave away around 70-100 collonista snails, and received a pink Kenya tree in exchange. Also skipped a water change to assist with nutrient levels. Let's see what happens. Also started up my other aquarium as a QT tank for an upcoming fish purchase.
Tune the refugium effectiveness by adjusting light cycle. (Take off a few hours and see what happens)
 
Just a written update this week, chaeto is much more efficient than I thought at nutrient export. Nitrates and such dropped to zero. I notice my zoas looking even worse than they were, and go figure I was starving them. So removed my chemical filtration, over fed, and after 48 hours it registers nitrates (yay). Now waiting the for outbreaks of cyano, algae, and what not that will come from the nutrient spike. Gave away around 70-100 collonista snails, and received a pink Kenya tree in exchange. Also skipped a water change to assist with nutrient levels. Let's see what happens. Also started up my other aquarium as a QT tank for an upcoming fish purchase.
Tune the refugium effectiveness by adjusting light cycle. (Take off a few hours and see what happens)
I did, just waiting to see what happens. I also was using hypersorb as a chemical filtration, probably going to get some good old activated carbon.
 
Looking good!
 
Caught up! How are the nutes now post chaeto?
I am still barely showing any, so I fed kinda heavy last couple of nights and reduced the light schedule.
 
Caught up! How are the nutes now post chaeto?
I am still barely showing any, so I fed kinda heavy last couple of nights and reduced the light schedule.
I also think one of my "XL narrius snails" (whelk I am pretty sure) got into one of my zoas...... All the algae and a few of the zoas were cleaned off the rock
f6a09330-58a3-4819-9842-06dcc74618b6.jpg
 
Weekly update, I bought some salifert test kits blow are the results:

No3: 10ppm
PO4: 0.25
PH: 8.15
mg: 1350
ca: 300 ppm
kh/alk 8.3

Opinions are welcome. I dosed seachem complete after the test to help raise the Ca and MG.
 
Weekly update, I bought some salifert test kits blow are the results:

No3: 10ppm
PO4: 0.25
PH: 8.15
mg: 1350
ca: 300 ppm
kh/alk 8.3

Opinions are welcome. I dosed seachem complete after the test to help raise the Ca and MG.
Looks great to me, Ca was a little low, but sounds like you took care of that already. Nutes look great too.
 
Weekly update, I bought some salifert test kits blow are the results:

No3: 10ppm
PO4: 0.25
PH: 8.15
mg: 1350
ca: 300 ppm
kh/alk 8.3

Opinions are welcome. I dosed seachem complete after the test to help raise the Ca and MG.
Looks great to me, Ca was a little low, but sounds like you took care of that already. Nutes look great too.
Just glad to see some nutrients again.
 
Weekly update pt2 phone photos
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20251027_072051134.jpg
    PXL_20251027_072051134.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 32
  • PXL_20251027_072046434.jpg
    PXL_20251027_072046434.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 37
  • PXL_20251027_071617762.jpg
    PXL_20251027_071617762.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 41
  • PXL_20251027_071527429.jpg
    PXL_20251027_071527429.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 34
  • PXL_20251027_071546928.jpg
    PXL_20251027_071546928.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 53
  • PXL_20251027_071508302.jpg
    PXL_20251027_071508302.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 32
  • PXL_20251027_071425422.jpg
    PXL_20251027_071425422.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 46
  • PXL_20251027_071519164.jpg
    PXL_20251027_071519164.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 33
  • PXL_20251027_071356587.jpg
    PXL_20251027_071356587.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 50
Early weekly update: 2 casualties this week (1 spiny astra [fell over] the rescue attempted toad stool leather that was bleached didn't make it through the parameter swings when trying to correct my nutrients. Parameters are currently stable, and I starting to see hair algae, Coraline algea, and maybe some cyano on the back glass. So yay nutrients. Several zoa still looking rough, lightly bleached stems, fully colored tops. I also noticed a small bleached streak on the devil finger leather. Overall considering all the mishaps last month, I believe I am on the correct path again. Started to cycle the new tank with dry sand and some media from this tank. Of course wash the sand for about an hour and still ended up with a cloudy tank. Photos to come in a few.
 
Photos, since the app was being a pain uploading
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20251101_042419864.jpg
    PXL_20251101_042419864.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 52
  • PXL_20251101_042414896.jpg
    PXL_20251101_042414896.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 56
  • PXL_20251101_042405582.jpg
    PXL_20251101_042405582.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 51

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new