D's homemade AIO 40 gallon

Photos 2.... The website must not like me as well
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20251101_042427511.jpg
    PXL_20251101_042427511.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 104
  • PXL_20251101_042356406.jpg
    PXL_20251101_042356406.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 74
  • PXL_20251101_042403469.jpg
    PXL_20251101_042403469.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 75
  • PXL_20251101_042414896.jpg
    PXL_20251101_042414896.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 83
  • PXL_20251101_042346737.jpg
    PXL_20251101_042346737.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 74
Love that nem, beautiful coloration on that fine specimen
Hard to believe it was the size of a half dollar, and only cost 19$ at the LFS just a short while ago.
 
So Weekly update,
Zoas are all showing improvement, the pandora's are still looking very bad (never thought those words would come out of my mouth), The Kenya trees seem happy and are starting to drop frags. My Rainbow BTA is looking fantastic. This week went to the Reefing USA show in Nashville, it seemed a little claustrophobic, and probably won't be going to another. Jason Fox Corals was there so that was pretty awesome. I did end up much to my wife's dismay purchasing 3 mushrooms (green rhodactus, green disco, and a black and green fuzzy), and 1 rock flower nem. I also last week rescued a 3 banded Damsel from a family that wasn't able to care for it any longer, and so I rednecked my shallow tank to a kind QT for the week. I have now purchased some equipment that should be here on monday. Then I can take the my pump (out of my seachem tidal 110) and heater back to mix my saltwater, and do my water changes in the next few days. I am also back to working 7 days a week again so YAY.
DSC05503.JPG


DSC05502.JPG


DSC05499.JPG


DSC05497.JPG


DSC05493.JPG


DSC05492.JPG


DSC05491.JPG


DSC05495.JPG


DSC05489.JPG


DSC05488.JPG


DSC05486.JPG


DSC05485.JPG


DSC05504.JPG
 
Last edited:
Update after the coral show, fairly certain my rock flower nem has became a victim of predation. Currently MIA. Suspect is the really fat peppermint shrimp next to where the nem was...............
 
Weekly update: I tested my parameters as I haven't for 2 weeks, not terrible but some work to do. When I got to KH/alk I stopped testing realizing more likely than not the Ca and MG will be low as well. I went ahead and dose some seachem complete to fix those three measurements. The Kenya tree is dropping frags, so they seem happy 2 so far and looks like probably about 2 more to go. All the Zoas are looking happier as most of them have opened back up and are starting to color back up. My purple people eaters are looking rough still, and I am thinking about transferring them to the other tank to see if they respond better. All frags have been transferred to the other tank as well. All the new additions look great, except the RFA when became victim of my Peppermint shrimp, at least he enjoyed a fancy meal. Would adding a capful of seachem complete to my top off 5 gallon bucket help prevent the kh/alk mg and ca from dropping? Food for thoughts.
Salinty 35 PPT
No3 15
P04 0.5 PPM
PH 8.15
Kh/alk 7
 
probably, but you would have more direct control over dosing if you add it to the tank instead. then you wouldn’t have to worry about precipitation or anything either.
 
Friday photo dump
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20251121_084856985.jpg
    PXL_20251121_084856985.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 54
  • PXL_20251121_084945259.jpg
    PXL_20251121_084945259.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 35
  • PXL_20251121_084936801.jpg
    PXL_20251121_084936801.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 36
  • PXL_20251121_085005115.jpg
    PXL_20251121_085005115.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 31
  • PXL_20251121_085034673.jpg
    PXL_20251121_085034673.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 26
  • PXL_20251121_085103155.jpg
    PXL_20251121_085103155.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 48
  • PXL_20251121_085106331.jpg
    PXL_20251121_085106331.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 29
  • PXL_20251121_085205226.jpg
    PXL_20251121_085205226.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 28
So it has been another exciting week. The AIO baffle system I made had a seam failure that I repaired with some epoxy. Because of the failure only about 10%of the water was flowing through any of the chambers. I moved the heater to the main display. I patched a hole where I had my second pump plumbed through, and replumbed it over the baffle system with the intent to replace it with a power head later. I moved my Pandora's and the devil finger leather to my other tank. My Kenya tree dropped 2 more frags with what looks like one more pending. I finally caught one of the starfish, and I am fairly confident it's a micro brittle starfish. All the zoas remaining in the tank continue to show improvement. I notice some discoloration on my BTA, not sure what it's cause or if it's something to be wary of. I also noticed it had a deflated tentacle near its mouth. Well that all for the current update.
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20251122_073836592.jpg
    PXL_20251122_073836592.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 50
  • PXL_20251122_073851770.jpg
    PXL_20251122_073851770.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 44
  • PXL_20251122_072635222.jpg
    PXL_20251122_072635222.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 37
The last November update for 2025, not much to add this week. I traded off the devil hand and Kenya tree frags to my LFS. In return I got a green and pink plate montipora and a Sunkiss bounce mushroom. Don't know much about monties but my LFS said these are practically bulletproof. We will see. Also as I noted the Kenya tree dropped 4 frags over the past month. 3 out of the 4 went to the LFS and one attached itself before I could find it. Also I believe my rock flower anemone may still be of this earth, I seen it a couple days ago, but since then it's MIA again....... Everything looks really good right now that's in the tank, but I did noticed my BTA is stinging my red disco shroom. I am sure the disco shroom will move or relocate via release.
 
The app doesn't like me......... Anyways update, not much found an algae in with my Chaeto. Not sure what it is. Currently confined to the refuge chamber. The pods and snails seem to like it.
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20251209_083753944.jpg
    PXL_20251209_083753944.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 34
Good morning, it been a crazy two weeks. So here is the update, GSP finally showed a bunch of growth which seemed to happen over night. I added a recordia mushroom, the pink Kenya tree has taking off in the back of the aquarium, and my rock flower nem that I thought was KIA apparently was just trying to find a home and has reappeared. It now seems to be happy. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas or other applicable holiday.
200.gif
 
Good morning, it been a crazy two weeks. So here is the update, GSP finally showed a bunch of growth which seemed to happen over night. I added a recordia mushroom, the pink Kenya tree has taking off in the back of the aquarium, and my rock flower nem that I thought was KIA apparently was just trying to find a home and has reappeared. It now seems to be happy. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas or other applicable holiday.
200.gif
Typical RFA. There's two types - out immediately asking for everyone to admire it or straight to hiding until it resurfaces 3 months later like it never went away.
 
Good morning, it been a crazy two weeks. So here is the update, GSP finally showed a bunch of growth which seemed to happen over night. I added a recordia mushroom, the pink Kenya tree has taking off in the back of the aquarium, and my rock flower nem that I thought was KIA apparently was just trying to find a home and has reappeared. It now seems to be happy. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas or other applicable holiday.
200.gif
Typical RFA. There's two types - out immediately asking for everyone to admire it or straight to hiding until it resurfaces 3 months later like it never went away.
I was 100% sure my adult peppermint shrimp ate it, until poof there it is.
 
The final update of 2025, I am extremely busy, but here we go. Added several mushroom corals over the past month, and a montipora. Pretty sure I have almost killed the monti. Everything else is showing good growth, and I am pretty sure I have my zoa killer isolated. My RFA apparently is still on the move. Got some advice from LFS to add some whites to my aquarium since the white was so over powering, and it was to put translucent stickers over the white leds. Such a simple solution should have been obvious. So enjoy the photo dump and happy new year.

PXL_20251228_051900302.jpg PXL_20251228_051735654.jpg PXL_20251228_051645810.jpg PXL_20251228_051642889.jpg PXL_20251228_051639457.jpg PXL_20251228_051619335.jpg PXL_20251228_051621395.jpg PXL_20251228_051148441.jpg PXL_20251228_051126497.jpg PXL_20251228_051002523.jpg PXL_20251228_051026392.jpg PXL_20251228_051043751.jpg PXL_20251228_051008147.jpg PXL_20251228_051106772.jpg PXL_20251228_051311031.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new