Dsnakes 125g Mixed Reef

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8084BC22-8571-4343-8DA2-8E31D912ECDC.jpeg

FYI - Water is added on 6/30/2018 (pg 9);)

I'm way too excited to get this started. I bought the system from someone who had it running as a FOWLR. I've got a 55g running with the fish that came with it.
Sailfin tang
Hippo Tang
Clownfish
Chromis
I'm not sure of tank brand, but it is 72" x 19" x 22" with dual corner overflows. The stand will need to be reinforced and new skin with white paint. Sump will be a 55g and I'll have to figure something for 10-15g for ATO.
Lots to come for this build! Here are my fish in the 55g. I'm feeding them frequently, as they are definitely malnourished. Eating well now!

IMG_9102.JPG

IMG_9110.JPG

IMG_9112.JPG

IMG_9113.JPG

Last edited:

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm way too excited to get this started. I bought the system from someone who had it running as a FOWLR. I've got a 55g running with the fish that came with it.
Sailfin tang
Hippo Tang
Clownfish
Chromis
I'm not sure of tank brand, but it is 72" x 19" x 22" with dual corner overflows. The stand will need to be reinforced and new skin with white paint. Sump will be a 55g and I'll have to figure something for 10-15g for ATO.
Lots to come for this build! Here are my fish in the 55g. I'm feeding them frequently, as they are definitely malnourished. Eating well now!

IMG_9102.JPG

IMG_9110.JPG

IMG_9112.JPG

IMG_9113.JPG
Following along for this epic journey! :)

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along for this epic journey! :)
Glad to have you Crabs!

Here is a picture of the tank before we broke it down to move. I can see the potential with some work!
First step, rebuild stand to the wife's approval. Second step, clean the tank up!

IMG_9074.JPG

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to have you Crabs!

Here is a picture of the tank before we broke it down to move. I can see the potential with some work!
First step, rebuild stand to the wife's approval. Second step, clean the tank up!

IMG_9074.JPG
I think you need to have a conversation with my wife so I can go bigger! Lol doesn't need to be much, id be happy with a 75. Which would work perfectly as I'm in the process of resealing and building a 40 gallon breeder sump :) won't go to much into detail..this is your thread after all ;)

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you need to have a conversation with my wife so I can go bigger! Lol doesn't need to be much, id be happy with a 75.
So...I've been bugging her for so long about an SCA 150 or 240. She absolutely hated the 24" width because we would have to get rid of our brand new couch and get a love seat ;Hilarious so I came across this deal for a 19" wide tank... I couldn't believe I got a yes. I had to pay the man quick before she realized what she told me!

I wish it was 24" wide, but I can upgrade when the couch isn't so new ;)

BobNY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along. I have a 125 as well. I would love a 24"debth, but I couldn't go deeper than 18" in the spot it is in. If your tank has the Aqueon Durso overflow kits consider ditching them and doing a dual Herbie overflow. that would require you to run all 4 bulkheads as drains, so you would have to run your return out over the top of the tank. I recently made the change, It is silent and I have way more flow.

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along. I have a 125 as well. I would love a 24"debth, but I couldn't go deeper than 18" in the spot it is in. If your tank has the Aqueon Durso overflow kits consider ditching them and doing a dual Herbie overflow. that would require you to run all 4 bulkheads as drains, so you would have to run your return out over the top of the tank. I recently made the change, It is silent and I have way more flow.
That is what it has I think. I wonder if I can drill the back if I go that route. I don't think I would like it over the back.

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No progress on the the stand or tank cleaning yet. It's been nasty here with the nor'easters. Here's a couple pics of the gang. They are loving some food! The Sailfin loves his algae clip. They are all enjoying pellets, mysis, brine, and plankton. Still thin, but I think making progress. Huge appetite from the Hippo. It was the thinnest. Going to Greenville on Friday so I'll be stopping at a couple LFS there and bring home some LRS!

IMG_9138.JPG

IMG_9139.JPG

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No progress on the the stand or tank cleaning yet. It's been nasty here with the nor'easters. Here's a couple pics of the gang. They are loving some food! The Sailfin loves his algae clip. They are all enjoying pellets, mysis, brine, and plankton. Still thin, but I think making progress. Huge appetite from the Hippo. It was the thinnest. Going to Greenville on Friday so I'll be stopping at a couple LFS there and bring home some LRS!

IMG_9138.JPG

IMG_9139.JPG

Fish are looking good! Once that hippo tastes that LRS it will be game on. He'll be wide bodied in no time!

Congrats on the new tank! I'll be following along!

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New fish Friday should be a thing :rolleyes: Flame Angel and Yellow Tang with the future big tank crowd and a 6 line wrasse for the IM 20. (Yes I added them all without qt) please don't judge me ;Nailbiting

I am way too impulsive for my own good ;)

IMG_9174.JPG

IMG_9181.JPG

IMG_9184.JPG

IMG_9190.JPG

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The plan is to frame out the entire wall section and make the tank look built in. Shelves with recessed soft lights above the canopy. Here is a high tech schematic ;)

IMG_9199.JPG

IMG_9200.JPG

Are your wood floors prefinished or stained? Like the color a lot!

Guys kill me with their autocad "sketches" of their future tank setups. (Probably cause I'm jealous) but mine always look just like yours! Very nice!

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Dsnakes
Congrats on getting your 125 and great job with the fish in the 55.
Love your layout on post #14.

It's a great build and Tagging along for the ride :)

Freddie

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back