Dual ATO storage suggestions

DesertReefer51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm setting up my system and starting with the RODI system and storage tanks. Initially, I was going with a single 20G vertical tank for the RODI water and another 20G for the SW. This may seem to be a small volume for a 110G tank but I am limited on space for all of the equipment.

I have enough space for three 20G vertical storage tanks. My initial thought was 2 RODI tanks and a single SW tank. I like this path as it allows a greater volume of FW ready for ATO and mixing SW. This also allows for the RODI system to process for 40 gallons runs instead of running just to fill 20 gallons. One of the RODI tanks would be a dedicated ATO and the other would be storage for SW mixing.

There are several other configurations I was looking at with the tanks such as 2 RODI tanks acting as 1 where both could ATO but this requires 2 TUNZE ATO's and seems overly complicated and necessary. I'm looking for ideas and suggestions.

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you put the two tanks side by side and run water filled tubing from one to the other, they will maintain the same level as long at the tube reaches to the bottom of each tank. In other words, you'll have a natural siphon between the two that will keep them level with each other.

OP
OP
DesertReefer51

DesertReefer51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you put the two tanks side by side and run water filled tubing from one to the other, they will maintain the same level as long at the tube reaches to the bottom of each tank. In other words, you'll have a natural siphon between the two that will keep them level with each other.
I like it but concerned about leaking as this is in my living room. The tanks are 43" tall and this would require the siphons to go almost to the bottom, approximately 40". I may test this idea out and try it in the garage.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back