OP
Jay Hemdal

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have two monitors, I have noticed that R2R will even save sometimes your text on a thread over to another device, like a draft email.

I cant say that I have tried multiple instances of R2R at the same time and the effects.

so im not that helpful... but had a fun fact. howd i do?

Yes, I like how R2R can save draft text in a reply. Years ago, with different software, another aquarium site had terrible issues with erasing text if you left that window..,

Jay

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 4x ultrawides stacked and can have R2R open in multiple browser tabs without issue. I just drag one of the browser tabs to another half of the screen and can look at multiple things at one with no issue.

I start by opening my browser, going to R2R, then clicking to add a new tab, go to r2r there, then grab the tab and drag it where I want it. Then have 2 tabs open on different screens.

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 4x ultrawides stacked and can have R2R open in multiple browser tabs without issue. I just drag one of the browser tabs to another half of the screen and can look at multiple things at one with no issue.

I start by opening my browser, going to R2R, then clicking to add a new tab, go to r2r there, then grab the tab and drag it where I want it. Then have 2 tabs open on different screens.
sci-fi matrix GIF

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sorry, what does that mean? I didn’t think that was a valid input…

Jay
Oh I'm sorry; was more a rhetorical statement; screen is something that lets you run and switch between multiple command line instances using keyboard shortcuts.
I used todo all my editing in vi across multiple servers so I'd just keep terminals open to all of them. Coworkers used screen to run one terminal window with multiple terminals running in it via screen.
Sometimes funky stuff would happen with it that was hard to explain.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All,

Does anyone know if there are any issues, or special considerations for running R2R on two monitors at the same time? Does it just show me as being logged on twice?

I find that very often, I need to get a link from a library file or other post. With a single monitor, I have to navigate away from the thread I'm working on, find the copy I need and then come back and find that post and paste it in. With dual monitors, I can search in one window and keep the original post open in the other. Seems to work fine, I just wanted to ask.....

As I write this on my righthand monitor, my lefthand monitor shows just one login and that I am "viewing the home page".

Thanks,

Jay
I log in on multiple devices and they all update without problems.
You will only show being logged in once.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back