Dwarf Angels LOVE Diatoms!

Bad Company

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2014
Messages
624
Reaction score
67
Location
Milwaukee, WI
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently set up a new tank, and after cycling it, I put a Flame Angel in it.

I was concerned because it wasn't eating anything, not mysis, spirolina, bloodworms, nothing. But it is FAT! It stuffs itself on diatoms all day long. As this is a new tank, I cant imagine that it would control them on its own... but if you had a small diatom bloom, and a willingness to risk a dwarf angle with your corals...
 
For real? Got any video of it eating it?
 
The Flame Angel pecks at everything, but the evidence is the back glass which has tons of cleared circles where it cleans off the glass. My diatoms are starting to clear up now on their own though. He is a fat fish though now...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new