Dwarf Lionfish in a 36G

alishasreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I’m trying to decide on what I want to restock my 36 Gallon which use to be a reef tank.

My current top picks are a Dwarf Lionfish or a pair of maroon clowns.

Can a Dwarf Lionfish be in a 36 gallon? I’m reading so many different tank sizes so I am unsure!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi,

I’m trying to decide on what I want to restock my 36 Gallon which use to be a reef tank.

Can a Dwarf Lionfish be in a 36 gallon? I’m reading so many different tank sizes so I am unsure!
Dwarf lion will be ok however do not plan on too many occupants to go in that tank. Fuzzy, dwarf zebra or fu Manchu stay smaller . I assume your tank is a bowfront, and if so offers 26-28" of swim length.
Assure the one you purchase has clear skin and is eating food, not live feeder fish

FishSkedee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you will be alright! Will this be a reef tank, macroalgae or what? I would try the Lion if you have access to mollys/guppies and ghost shrimp, it’s been proven the live gut bacteria in these are critical for long term success, and it’s really cool watching them hunt! What’s the plan for filtration? They don’t swim very much, kinda perch under ledges like a bat, they are a bit messy though..

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

A Fu Manchu will be the best bet for this size tank. I wouldn’t personally go for a fuzzy dwarf or zebra as they seem to enjoy Atleast a bit of swimming.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back