Dwarf scorpion fish

badwinston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im wondering if anybody has experience with dwarf scorpion fish I acquired one yesterday and just looking for information having a difficult time finding some.
Snapchat-2105062558.jpg

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow spotted scorpionfish, very cool fish, you may find some info if you search that name.

They are very fast so be careful when working in the tank. They are predators and will eat shrimp and small fish. Seem to accept dead food ok, but as with all these type of predators, can be challenging. Feeding dead can also be a challenge to provide the proper nutrition, so do your research. Would greatly appreciate being fed live ghost shrimp and live guppies.

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow it's so cute.

I think I saw a bunch in my last a while ago (before the thing that happened) and almost took one.

OP
OP
badwinston

badwinston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow spotted scorpionfish, very cool fish, you may find some info if you search that name.

They are very fast so be careful when working in the tank. They are predators and will eat shrimp and small fish. Seem to accept dead food ok, but as with all these type of predators, can be challenging. Feeding dead can also be a challenge to provide the proper nutrition, so do your research. Would greatly appreciate being fed live ghost shrimp and live guppies.
I tried messaging you, but it wouldn't let me before I made the post. I have experience with Lionfish, they're one of my favorite. This guy is tiny how big will he get ? He is eating mysis as of now also is this a dwarf ?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sebastapistes cyanostigma, in the wild they get to 4", in captivity you can expect about 3" to 3.5". Their care would be similar to a lion. If he;s eating mysis I'd start offering him PE mysis, it's a more nutritious mysis with a higher protein content. Hikari mega marine is also good to mix in, as well as mincing up any seafood you would like to include; shrimp, scallop, salmon(highly recommended). Don't expect him to get enough to eat from the water column, you need to target feed him with a baster or pipette. When he gets larger you'll want to offer him little chunky bits of seafood, PE mysis would still be good. As a tiny guy feeding daily may be fine then every other day; eventually no more than every other day or a couple times a week. They benefit from a gorge/fast feeding routine just as in the wild. They are not classified as dwarf, per se, but are one of the smallest scorps offered.

Apotack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had one for about a year cool little fish doesn’t do much but still pretty cool. The post above pretty much covers everything. Mine eats anything chunky that I squirt near him.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back