E-mails won't stop?

Rover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have read a few other threads in here about e-mail alerts, and I followed the advice in them.

I have been unable to stop emails. While the majority have cut down, it seems every time someone posts in any thread I'm watching, it sends me an e-mail. I like to watch threads so I can check them while I'm on the forum.... Is there a way to turn off e-mailing me about watched threads?

The alternative is to send it to my junkfolder, but I'd rather not do that in case an important e-mail comes through!

I went to my Name -> Preferences -> options. Anything that has the word e-mail in it is turned off.

Thank you,

- Rover

WV Reefer

I do what I want!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have read a few other threads in here about e-mail alerts, and I followed the advice in them.

I have been unable to stop emails. While the majority have cut down, it seems every time someone posts in any thread I'm watching, it sends me an e-mail. I like to watch threads so I can check them while I'm on the forum.... Is there a way to turn off e-mailing me about watched threads?

The alternative is to send it to my junkfolder, but I'd rather not do that in case an important e-mail comes through!

I went to my Name -> Preferences -> options. Anything that has the word e-mail in it is turned off.

Thank you,

- Rover

Edit: I misunderstood.

OP
OP
Rover

Rover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, thank you!

That removes it from my watched threads list though. I like having watched threads, so I can follow up on things I've commented on later in case I'm replied to but not quoted.

But I don't want to get e-mails. There is a preference under my settings that says 'Always email watched thread notifications' and I have it turned off, but I'm still being e-mailed. I just want to be able to view them when I'm on the forum, without getting the phone alert.

You can select if you would like to be notified. Just go to the top of the thread under “Watch Thread”

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go to your name and then select "Preferences" that should take you to a new page with a bunch of boxes you can uncheck.
upload_2018-10-24_14-9-58.png

OP
OP
Rover

Rover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go to your name and then select "Preferences" that should take you to a new page with a bunch of boxes you can uncheck.

That is the place! I unchecked all those boxes, it doesn't seem to have changed it.

When I clock on "watch Thread" it opens a box where I can select to Watch this threat and receive email notification or without receiving email notifications.

Ah hah! I can do that. That will be a nuisance to do for every thread I reply to however... Is there a way to default all my watched threads to not get notifications?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the place! I unchecked all those boxes, it doesn't seem to have changed it.

Ah hah! I can do that. That will be a nuisance to do for every thread I reply to however... Is there a way to default all my watched threads to not get notifications?
it might take a bit for the actions to take effect..also I don't know if it applies to old threads. It may stop the notifications to new threads you comment in, but i'm unsure if it also stops notifications of old threads that were already marked to email you.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back