E260 sump upgrade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Gary Ellis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to replace my E260 upgraded sump. Can someone suggest a sump that will work and fit in my E260 cabinet without having to modify the plumbing?

chimbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey i am in the same boat. Have you been able to find anything?

I have been looking into the Octo OS-24A as a suitable option but i am a brand new NOOB to this hobby. I don't know if it's any bigger than the Red Sea upgrade sump but with the dimensions it does sound like a viable option. I only like this sump because it does come with a ATO Reservoir. I wonder if anyone has used it or set it up in this tank.

here is the link to the tank:

• Size: 23.62" x 14.17" x 15.75"
  • Skimmer Chamber: 13.27" x 9.45"
  • Return Pump Chamber: 6.8" x 7.2"
  • ATO Reservoir Size: 3 Gallons
  • Adjustable Water Depth: 5.1" to 9"
  • Drain Bulkhead: 1"

As far as piping, i think the only actual pipe work that would need to be done would be to cap the emergency drain (since there is only one drain connection) and pipe over the main drain to the left. I have seen some reefers use flexible hosing to connect it without doing too much piping work. As for the return, i do believe the flexible green hose should be long enough to run from the return on the left from the original upgrade sump all the way to the right of the Octo (so really they just switched the drain pipe and return pipe).

Dont know if this helps or just makes it worse. I really hope someone else could weigh in with a more advanced idea/response.

OP
OP
G

Gary Ellis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looking at the pictures it's much smaller than the Red Sea sump

chimbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya, its hard for me to measure just by picture but if that one doesn't work and you don't care much for additional space in the cabinet then you can also check out OS-30A. I believe there is about 30" clearance between the door hinges and about the same between the wall and power box.

• Size: 29.92" x 15.75" x 15.75"
  • Skimmer Chamber: 14.6" x 12.6"
  • Return Pump Chamber: 9.4" x 7.2"
  • ATO Reservoir Size: 4.7 Gallons
  • Adjustable Water Depth: 5.1" to 9"
  • Drain Bulkhead: 1" (x2)

chimbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But ya, these are just the ones that i have looked at and would not assume to know anything about setting these up. I am just as much in search of a sumo like you are. Will most likely go with the OS24A as it will still leave some room in the cabinet.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back