OP
OP
eagle

eagle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My old tank didn't have near enough light nor was it setup for SPS. I had some frags in it that never did anything but turn brown. I've been amazed at how fast they are recovering and starting to color up. I actually had two frags that were complete white spots on rocks that have out of nowhere started coloring up. I thought they were dead a long time ago. I really can't believe they are alive because I had them in a tote full of salt water for a month while changing out tanks. Just trying to keep the coralline alive. I need to get my Nikon out and figure out how to get some decent pictures. I added AIO Biopellets and after two and a half weeks they kicked in and brought my nitrates and phosphates to 0. So I've slowed my reactor down to a trickle and trying to find that balance of nutrients to flow thru the reactor as well as light intensity. I read the whole AIO thread at RC and was a bit leery about whether they would work on phosphates but they did. LED's are kinda a pain in the ****. Too many adjustments lol. I feel like fiddling with it all the time. With T5 and Halides what you have is what you have for intensity. I'm gonna add some T5 and check out some daylight bulbs pretty soon. I'm running the led's at about 40% now. So far I ave 3 fish from Divers Den. A Yellow Tang, a Emperor Angel, and a Coral Beauty. I need to start stocking it up more with frags and fish. I'm using Litermeter's and Apex to control automatic water changes. Changing out 40% a month. Using FM color Elements, Fauna Marin Reef Vitality, and DVH BioGro 123. Water changes with IO and adding some calcium to it. Feeding Reef Pearls and Reef Chilli every couple days. Everything has been very stable so far.

OP
OP
eagle

eagle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terrible pic from my phone but this is one of the white spots I had. It's colored up and starting to grow. Can't believe it was still alive.

20150529_095902.jpg

OP
OP
eagle

eagle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an UGLY pic for sure but I had this rock under other rocks because I thought the coral was dead. Solid white. I saw the edges starting to get color and moved it to the top of my rocks last week. I can't remember what frag this was as it never did anything in my old tank but it must be pretty tough to survive the tank transfer and sitting in a closed tote for a month. It's slowly getting some color back now and polyps actually extending on the colored areas.

20150529_095928.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great reef! Any updates?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back