Easier water change

  • Thread starter Thread starter kashman100
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Sorry but delta's pic of that full bucket sitting on the tank ? All that weight makes me nervous.
 
They make pvc spigots as well and you can find them at your local hardware store and all the big box stores. Rule of thumb is to use all plastic when possible. Like I said it seems like it's just a short time in the bucket so you probably won't see any I'll effect but if you were to keep RO / Saltwater on hand and used metal fittings in your storage tanks you would have more issues. Especially the RO water. RO water is pure so it will strip anything it can from your storage tank / plumbing.

Sounds good. I'll look into replacing it with a pvc spigot. Better to be safe than sorry. Thanks for the tip.
 
I did something similar to this .

I made a PVC piece that attaches to a garden hose and drains exactly 25g from my tank . I then just pump new SW back to the tank .

I also have pre-cut lengths of PVC for different volumes that can be switched out at any time.

Entire process takes maybe 5 minutes
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new