EasySPS food

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening from Athens !!
recently registered in the forum and I came across this article about easy reefs products and specifically I am interested in sps evo and easy booster.
I like the fact that I can connect them to the dosing pump etc and I have enthusiastically watched the reviews of the other members ...
But my concern has to do with the fact that these products tend to drop nutrients (especially phosphates) because I use zeolite and to keep my phosphates above zero ... I feed hard on frozen and reef roids.
So my question has to do with whether through these products I will be able to keep my phosphate constant above 0 somewhere between 0.05 and 0.03

Good question.
I hope someone that uses this currently can provide an answer because I would like to know myself.

My phosphates are much higher than I would like them to be at 0.16ppm and my nitrates are also higher than I would like at 20ppm.

I would like to lower them but not bottom out.

Last edited:

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I should be getting my EasySPS and EasyBooster today.
I'm going to drill a hole in the cap and insert a barb or an airline fitting.

How much of this stuff am I supposed to dose per day on a 200gal system?
Are they dosed equally?
I stayed with half the recommended dose and slowly increased over several weeks. If you can split the dose up over the course of 24hrs even better, but I imagine you'll have to wait until your past 4mL a day to break it up. I dose both EasyBooster and Evo every 6hrs, but offset the Evo by an hour. So for EasyBooster it's 12am, 6am, 12pm and 6pm. Evo is 1am, 7am, 1pm and 7pm.
As far as increasing nutrients, I think if you overdose too much at first, then you could see an increase in N & P, but then it would equal out over time. I use Prodibio and PNS Probio every week (alternating between the two) and I finally managed to keep my PO4 under 0.1, it's about 0.07 now. Nitrates are barely 1ppm and that's with dosing sodium nitrate nightly at .5ppm to 1ppm. I feed my fish about 6 times a day (if not more).

StevePhx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the easy booster 25 and easy sps evo to start dosing to my 350g but realized I need the EasyConnect 25.

Coralvue is the only place I can find in the US that sells the connector.

Any one else know where to find them or another solution to safely dose?

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had ordered EasyReefs Easysps evo 25 (250ml) and EasyReefs EasyBooster 250ml. I wanted to get the 1500ml but they were out of stock. I expect the 250ml bags to arrive tomorrow.
Well, today Coralvue got the 1500ml bags in and I ordered them! I also ordered the connectors for both.
All I have to do now is figure out if I am going to keep both or send the 250ml bags back.
I may just wind up keeping both. They have a shelf life of over 18 months so I should be good (I think).

Last edited:

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just hooked up my EasySPS and EasyBooster to my Neptune Dos.

I have a 200 gallon total water volume (Approximately).
Is 3ml per day EasySPS a good start?
Is 1.5ml per day EasyBooster a good start?

I have my dose set to dose from midnight to 6:59am daily.

I could REALLY use some help here.

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I started out dosing 1 ml. of the easysps food and 2 ml. of the booster on my 112 gallon system. I dose it manually, twice daily, at lights on and lights off. Be sure to monitor your alkalinity closely. My alk consumption has almost doubled in the month that I've been dosing these, but I have a lot of corals so ymmv.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I think that's a good start with EasyBooster. I added 1mL each week after the first week until I hit the max dose. When adding new things, I tend to ease into it and not rush it.
Sps Evo is 1mL for every 66g, so 3mL is good. Then add about .75mL each week after the first week.

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What time is best to dose?
Is it better to dose at night or during the daylight hours?

Spreading the dose of over 24 hours sends like a waste.
1.5ml for EasyBooster and 3ml for EasySPS seems like a very small amount to spread throughout 24 hours.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What time is best to dose?
Is it better to dose at night or during the daylight hours?

Spreading the dose of over 24 hours sends like a waste.
1.5ml for EasyBooster and 3ml for EasySPS seems like a very small amount to spread throughout 24 hours.
EasyBooster can be dosed any time and if you're only going to dose Evo once, then do it after the lights go out and your sps are in feed mode.

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm dosing both EasySPS Evo and EasyBooster from midnight to 7am.

I don't know if spreading the dosing over a 24 hour period would be good or not because each dose would be so small.

I also never see polyp extension of my acros after lights out. I get polyp extension during the day when the lights are on.
Do SPS feed at night or during the day?

LPS have tentacles out at night. Candy canes, acans, chalice and such have their tentacles out at night.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sps can feed any time their polyps are out or something elicits a feeding response. Yeah, if you're only dosing a few mL now, then I wouldn't split up the dose, but once you get over 4mL, then it may be worth it to split up. I currently dose 1.5mL four times a day, essentially every 6hrs.

driftin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if I should change my dosing. I'm dosing ~0.5mL hourly into a 70 gal overnight. Maybe I should double the dose in half the number of feedings...

reefluvrr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if I should change my dosing. I'm dosing ~0.5mL hourly into a 70 gal overnight. Maybe I should double the dose in half the number of feedings...
I use to do something similar. I dose 0.3 ml every hour. I am now dosing 1.5ml four times daily and have noticed better results. I think I am able to feed more of everything dosing higher concentration rather than a small amount that may only get only parts of the tank each time.... By the same token, dosing too much at once can simply go to waste...

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be raising my dose slightly next week and slightly more the week after.
I may try dosing EasySPS during the daylight hours and dosing EasyBooster at night.

My thinking is the SPS have polyps out during the day and pods are more active at night.

What are you guys thoughts?

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will be raising my dose slightly next week and slightly more the week after.
I may try dosing EasySPS during the daylight hours and dosing EasyBooster at night.

My thinking is the SPS have polyps out during the day and pods are more active at night.

What are you guys thoughts?
Give it a try. You can always reverse it if you're not seeing any results?

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Pablo Easyreefs
I'm currently dosing 3.5ml of EasySPS Evo during the day and 2ml of Easybooster at night.
is it a good idea to dose Easybooster at night and EasySPS Evo during the day?
Or is it better to dose both over a 24 hour period?

It seems like a very low dose to split up into 24 hours.

Also, how much of each should I be dosing for a 200 gallon water volume?

periocillin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Pablo Easyreefs
I'm currently dosing 3.5ml of EasySPS Evo during the day and 2ml of Easybooster at night.
is it a good idea to dose Easybooster at night and EasySPS Evo during the day?
Or is it better to dose both over a 24 hour period?

It seems like a very low dose to split up into 24 hours.

Also, how much of each should I be dosing for a 200 gallon water volume?
Buenos dias.

Ambos productos se deben usar diariamente, el easybooster le recomiendo que lo use durante el ciclo del día, una hora después de encender las luces, con una dosis mínima de 1ml por dosis, en la naturaleza los picos de fitoplancton son durante el día, si queremos imitar un arrecife natural .

Con el easysps EVO (zooplancton) en mi acuario personal lo dosifico en la proporción 70% durante el día y 30% durante la noche, con dosis mínimas de 1ml.

Espero haberle ayudado, estaré pendiente por si le surge alguna duda.

Pablo Gongora

Reef_in_Denver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Google Translate of the above post:

Good Morning.

Both products should be used daily, the easybooster I recommend that you use it during the day cycle, one hour after turning on the lights, with a minimum dose of 1ml per dose, in nature the phytoplankton peaks are during the day, if we want to imitate a natural reef.

With the easysps EVO (zooplankton) in my personal aquarium I dose it in the proportion 70% during the day and 30% during the night, with a minimum dose of 1ml.

I hope I have helped you, I will be waiting in case you have any questions.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back