EB832 Relay Reliability

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Skep18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm setting up my Apex and am using it to toggle my heater on/off like many do. It did make me think about the number of toggle cycles the relay is going through though.

Have any of you ever had issues with the EB832 relay failing, specifically on a highly utilized on/off outlet?

How many of you have had one toggle on/off for years without issues?

dcmartinpc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had an EB832 since shortly after launch with mostly no issues. I had 1 that was brand new that the outlets flapped on and off repeatedly, but it was fixed by reflashing the firmware. It has been fine ever since. I currently have 5 EB832s, 2 EB4s, and an EB8. All working flawlessly.

Don

OP
OP
Skep18

Skep18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have had an EB832 since shortly after launch with mostly no issues. I had 1 that was brand new that the outlets flapped on and off repeatedly, but it was fixed by reflashing the firmware. It has been fine ever since. I currently have 5 EB832s, 2 EB4s, and an EB8. All working flawlessly.

Don

5?!?! Wow...

Thx!

This november will be 2 years for my apex with 1 eb832, I haven't had any issues cutting on/off. I have one that cuts on every hour.

Good info. Ty!

PhilT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This november will be 2 years for my apex with 1 eb832, I haven't had any issues cutting on/off. I have one that cuts on every hour.
So the bad one loses power completely? How do you restore it. Or does it just go on and off? How long does is it off when it happens?

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the heater outlet on my apex plugged into an inkbird controller. The apex is set to 80 while the inkbird is set to 79, the inkbird does all the relay on/off because the temp never reaches the 80 for the apex to turn off. I then have narrow alarms set (77-80) so if the inkbird starts to drift or stick on/off, the apex will warn right away. The inkbird works flawlessly fwiw, keeps the tank +/- 1F which I am fine with.

This saves the relay on the eb, probably not necessary but also redundant

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back