Echotech RMS bracket failure anyone?

Dawgvet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever had or have heard of the RMS bracket failing and the light falling?
I was sitting in my living room, heard a pop and my brand new XR30 Radion Pro fell off the bracket and part of it went under water ( the tank has a mesh window screen cover). Apparently the little clip that connects the “x” harness to the curved “L” bracket just popped off. Of course the ligh went off and the power brick light is blue not green. I’m not plugging it back in until I speak with Echotech. The bracket is also new ( installed early March). Once installed and adjusted the light bracket has not been touched or adjusted, all light setting adjustments are done via reeflink. I’m wondering if the push clip was not in all the way from the factory.
28F89A27-F589-46D6-9674-EE4485A0CD4C.jpeg
4D43671E-F2C9-49E5-9A71-6F1C6C9088D3.jpeg

xabo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yep.........................same thing happened to me. Light fell into the tank. Contacted Ecotech and they sent out a new light and arm. Great customer service.

OP
OP
Dawgvet

Dawgvet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if it is a design flaw. I find it hard to believe that expensive lights rest on the fate of a small push clip.

billwhisman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had this happen today. My XR30 is less than 6 months old. I keep everything so I went back and looked at the assembly instructions expecting I had missed something. Nope...push clip installed at factory and can't believe that is the single point of failure. I even used thread lock when assembling the aluminum sections of the arm. Going to contact Ecotech and I hope I have the same experience as Xabo...

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 49 25.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 44 22.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back