ECM Versa question

Servopkg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased two Versa's at beginning of the month for AWC. Hooked it up and the pump that sends water from my salt mixing bin always has a bubble in the tube before it pushes out of the discharge of the pump. I'm not a rookie and cut my RO tubing straight with a tube cutter. I've tried multiple Murlok fittings and different RO lines with no success in getting the air out. The rotor also seems to move the guide ring a little bit differently than the good pump, so my thought is the tube or the rotor is not quite straight. Next test is I am going to swap the tubes to see if ithe problem stays with the tube. Before I drain the 60-70 ft of RO tubing, has anyone experienced this issue? If so, what was the solution? They're under warranty so if all else fails, i'll contact my LFS or ECM.

Thanks!

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help

OP
OP
S

Servopkg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help
Thank you!

I figured out the issue.. Water from my salt mixing station was traveling through RO lines and connected by fittings and bulkheads to the pump. Air must have been getting stuck in the bulkhead somewhere as when I removed the fittings and plumbed a flexible tube from the mixing station, through the bulkhead and into the pump, viola air went away :)

Mystery solved.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.7%
Back