Ecotech battery backup question

BriansBrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got an Ecotech Battery Backup for my 2 mp40s. I am running the pumps off an apex with a wxm module. Is there a way to turn the pumps off with the apex still or run a feed mode without the backup turning on simulating a power outage??

carmodpg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the feed mode function should still work and that would not trigger the battery backup. However, no way to shut them off without battery backup kicking in.
Honestly, I’d swrirch to mobius control. There you have a built in feed mode (that you can edit) as well as a feature that will shut down all of the pumps without having the backup kick in.

FFFishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your WXM is properly setup, you should have a control in Apex Fusion that lets you turn-off the pump. This control works by sending an 'off' command through the WXM to the pump. Even if you have battery backup connected to the pump controller, the pump will stop. I have circled the proper controls (for my system) in the attached photo. My controls (for WXM Vortechs) are named DTLVORTECH and DTRVORTECH. Notice that I have additional controls for the outlets that the Vortechs are plugged-into (DTLVORPWR and DTRVORPWR) and controls for the outlets where the battery chargers are plugged-into (DTLVORBATT and DTRVORBATT). It is NOT necessary to have Apex Outlets for the Vortech and Battery power feeds.

InkedApex Pic 06 24 21_LI.jpg

OP
OP
BriansBrain

BriansBrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the feed mode function should still work and that would not trigger the battery backup. However, no way to shut them off without battery backup kicking in.
Honestly, I’d swrirch to mobius control. There you have a built in feed mode (that you can edit) as well as a feature that will shut down all of the pumps without having the backup kick in.
Unfortunately my pumps are pre mobius

OP
OP
BriansBrain

BriansBrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your WXM is properly setup, you should have a control in Apex Fusion that lets you turn-off the pump. This control works by sending an 'off' command through the WXM to the pump. Even if you have battery backup connected to the pump controller, the pump will stop. I have circled the proper controls (for my system) in the attached photo. My controls (for WXM Vortechs) are named DTLVORTECH and DTRVORTECH. Notice that I have additional controls for the outlets that the Vortechs are plugged-into (DTLVORPWR and DTRVORPWR) and controls for the outlets where the battery chargers are plugged-into (DTLVORBATT and DTRVORBATT). It is NOT necessary to have Apex Outlets for the Vortech and Battery power feeds.

InkedApex Pic 06 24 21_LI.jpg
Both of my mp40s are in auto and feed modes just have the simple code. I’ve attached a picture. I do have the pumps plugged into the apex energy bar only because my wall outlet as two sockets and two energy bars. I can maybe change that
6A6FDB87-D9D6-4A41-BFDD-8B678AD11DAE.png

063EDC95-7961-4EB2-A05D-87D8834ABB15.jpeg

Last edited:

FFFishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to make a little change. Put the "IF FeedA 000 Then OFF" and "IF FeedB 000 Then OFF" in the setup for the VORTECH_R and VORTECH_L Outlets. You do NOT want "IF Feed....." to be in the setup for LEFT_MP40, RIGHT_MP40, BATTERYBACK.

What you currently have will turn-off power to the outlet that powers the Vortech controller, and as you have seen, the battery takes over with the pump continuing to run. Make the change I've noted above, and the Apex will send the OFF command through the WXM without the battery causing it to remain running.

OP
OP
BriansBrain

BriansBrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to make a little change. Put the "IF FeedA 000 Then OFF" and "IF FeedB 000 Then OFF" in the setup for the VORTECH_R and VORTECH_L Outlets. You do NOT want "IF Feed....." to be in the setup for LEFT_MP40, RIGHT_MP40, BATTERYBACK.

What you currently have will turn-off power to the outlet that powers the Vortech controller, and as you have seen, the battery takes over with the pump continuing to run. Make the change I've noted above, and the Apex will send the OFF command through the WXM without the battery causing it to remain running.
Thank you so much @FFFishy! That fixed my issue! Ive been incorrectly using the outlet to control to much

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back