Ecotech Mobius - MP40 now active??

DothanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came across this video today. Up until now the only devices able to be linked into Mobius were the Versa pumps and the G5 Radions. This video was released today explaining how to add MP40s! I haven't tried it yet, but it seems we've got some more functionality now from this app - long awaited might i add...see link for video

Adding MP40 to Mobius - Ecotech

m_t_r_86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried connecting there vortech pumps?

OP
OP
DothanReefer

DothanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not readily available to all users still. Apparently its a randomized selection of users being invited to add legacy vortech and vectra pumps to mobius - there is another YouTube video explaining this from Ecotech

OP
OP
DothanReefer

DothanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those interested, I got the invite for full access to Mobius. Have 2 vortechs and my vectra operating on the Mobius platform now. The changeover was simple. Just inside mobius, update the firmware by clicking "update legacy hardware"...the rest is easy...

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So far mobius has sucked for me. It drops constantly and half the time it takes me 2 or 3 times opening the app for it to even connect to the tank. Shoulda kept them on ESL. Also it seems to cause some issues with stalling of my MP40's
happened tonight in gyre mode. I had to delete them out of the app and add all like new for it to work again. Never did it in ESL and the pumps are only a month old

OP
OP
DothanReefer

DothanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand, it was a general reply to @DothanReefer's post. I just set up and started downloading based on this thread. I hope it works correctly but I assume there will be early issues.
It was easy to set up for me as posted earlier...

As far as the Mobius app vs Reeflink, I've had a couple Radions on Mobius for 5 months and not had really any issues at all once I figured out the location svcs/android part of connection. In my opinion it's light years ahead of ESL from a user interface standpoint. Of course, I've only been in the hobby for 5 months. I guess time will tell.

I think a lot of the connection issues for Mobius will be resolved completely when they turn the WiFi compatibility on at some point in the future. JMO.

DungSl1nger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was easy to set up for me as posted earlier...

As far as the Mobius app vs Reeflink, I've had a couple Radions on Mobius for 5 months and not had really any issues at all once I figured out the location svcs/android part of connection. In my opinion it's light years ahead of ESL from a user interface standpoint. Of course, I've only been in the hobby for 5 months. I guess time will tell.

I think a lot of the connection issues for Mobius will be resolved completely when they turn the WiFi compatibility on at some point in the future. JMO.

I spoke too soon, one of my MP40's isn't updating. I almost bought a Reeflink but I wanted to do a bit more research on what it does for me and if it was worth it. I am new too but I am excited to see the technology being added to these tanks.

OP
OP
DothanReefer

DothanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke too soon, one of my MP40's isn't updating. I almost bought a Reeflink but I wanted to do a bit more research on what it does for me and if it was worth it. I am new too but I am excited to see the technology being added to these tanks.
Uh oh. Mine actually didn't update the first try. Had to go press the middle button on the control module so that the blue "W" illuminated and then they connected/updated without issue. So far, so good...buts its only been a few hours.

I'm diggin the new tech too of course!!

DungSl1nger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh oh. Mine actually didn't update the first try. Had to go press the middle button on them so that the blue "W" illuminated and then they connected/updated without issue. So far, so good...buts its only been a few hours.

I'm diggin the new tech too of course!!
Yes, I did 1st echelon maintenance and unplugged it. All is well now

OP
OP
DothanReefer

DothanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine still don't show up on mobius, patiently waiting :)
Just to be sure you know. The pumps will not just appear one day. First, you click the (+) in the top right corner. Then, you have to click the "update legacy hardware" link that will be under "Devices" where a pump or light would normally be. That link allows you to update the pumps firmware to be compatible on Mobius. There's a decent video on YouTube describing the process.

Bryan68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to be sure you know. The pumps will not just appear one day. First, you click the (+) in the top right corner. Then, you have to click the "update legacy hardware" link that will be under "Devices" where a pump or light would normally be. That link allows you to update the pumps firmware to be compatible on Mobius. There's a decent video on YouTube describing the process.
Being that these are the only devices that will eventually be seen by mobius app, I never get to that point. I open the app, name the tank, then it searches for a new device. Am I doing something wrong? I surly can't follow the video due to what I described. Thoughts please?

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far mobius has sucked for me. It drops constantly and half the time it takes me 2 or 3 times opening the app for it to even connect to the tank. Shoulda kept them on ESL. Also it seems to cause some issues with stalling of my MP40's
happened tonight in gyre mode. I had to delete them out of the app and add all like new for it to work again. Never did it in ESL and the pumps are only a month old
You can roll the pumps back to the old firmware to continue using ESL

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can roll the pumps back to the old firmware to continue using ESL
Well so far this is a fail. Failed to downgrade and ESL doesnt see it. it wont retry either. point of sale software

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
well, it failed every time I tried. Seems my only options are to use them with just the control boxes or put them back on mobius :rolleyes:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 9.7%
Back