Ecotech Radion G6?

Nonya

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech probably still had a lot of blue LEDs left. A G6 was probably planned, but certainly not how they want to sell it now. There are no goods from China, so ..

it was this terrible light of the G5 Blue that made me switch to the G5 Pro. I'll do a heck and upgrade this Pro to G6! Especially not for that much money per kit!
Wasn't the G5 Blue supposed to mimic the AB+ spectrum? Or was that the Pro?

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasn't the G5 Blue supposed to mimic the AB+ spectrum? Or was that the Pro?
say ecotech.. optically the light of the blue has nothing to do with the AB+. I found the light neither blue-heavy nor pleasant.

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how long do ai primes last? I have had my ai prime hd running for 3 years, cant really say performance has changed. and I am not using it at the max.
is it time to let it go?

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how long do ai primes last? I have had my ai prime hd running for 3 years, cant really say performance has changed. and I am not using it at the max.
is it time to let it go?

Did you take par measurements after the install of your primes? If so take them today and you will have your answer. If not then only you and your coral health can again answer.

Also no one knows until they are out if they are better than the current offering. Assumptions until test results to answer if the squeeze is worth it.

WhiskyTango

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
say ecotech.. optically the light of the blue has nothing to do with the AB+. I found the light neither blue-heavy nor pleasant.
If you have the gen5 blue try this, uv through cyan 100%, and 70% for the rest. It is really good looking crisp blueish white.

Jon's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
AB+ was traditionally the Pro running at 100% violets and blues, 24% green/red/whites.

Blue was to give a similar spectrum at 100% all channels. They tweaked the diode numbers and types (adding cyan). This brought back part of the ATI Blue+ spectrum lost in the original AB+. The 500 nm helps to stimulate red fluorescence and is in the absorption range of carotene. For deeper water where red is filtered by the water, red fluorescence does more than just look nice, it also is absorbed by chlorophyll a.

The overall look of the G5 Blue spectrum is closer to ATI Blue+ where you have this green "haze" vs the deep royal blue.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
received_1177129963114707.jpeg

Guess they are out. Here they are at the LFS this afternoon.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 80 38.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.5%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back