Ecotech Radion G6?

Nonya

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HAHA, I actually lol'ed. I thought it was quite clever and well timed.
Thank you. LOL.

So I went back and Googled the Radion release dates. Gen 3: early 2014; Gen 4: 2016; Gen 5 early 2020; Gen 6: April-May 2022?
2 years seems a bit quick for a new generation. I remember 10+ years ago when a lighting "guru" said manufacturers use hobbyists for beta testing. In other words, the 2020 Gen 5s, one version of which is presumably modeled to duplicate AB+ right out of the box, was put out due to people clamoring to copy the "magic" AB+ settings. Why, after just two years, are they "improving" the spectrum? My guess is that they follow these kinds of threads in various groups to see what people are talking about, so they can market to them. More violet & UV means more pop, for example. A lot of people are talking about how they like cyan for various reasons. Others swear UV improves health and growth. Warm white increases red spectrum. And so on.

Nonya

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They own at least three major reefing manufacturers and a major retailer that also makes videos that people follow. Red Sea could be a good one. If it was up to me, I'd pick one or two reef salt companies who also make other popular products (Instant Ocean? Red Sea?). Maybe an additive/supplement company? Pumps? Heaters?

Nonya

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone who buys 2 online retailers and three LED (and various other product) manufacturers in just a year has greater plans.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone who buys 2 online retailers and three LED (and various other product) manufacturers in just a year has greater plans.
Maybe. But that assumes any other prospective companies want to sell. And the more they accumulate the more they're competing directly with their other wholesalers and retailers.

Nonya

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe. But that assumes any other prospective companies want to sell. And the more they accumulate the more they're competing directly with their other wholesalers and retailers.
Apparently, their offers were too good to turn down. Kind of like Musk's offer for Twitter.

Back