Ecotech reeflink, money grabbing dongle

gotmesalty77

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 2, 2019
Messages
758
Reaction score
799
Location
Orlando, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been thinking about this recently and the reeflink is such an obvious money grab its not even funny. The tech has existed for many years to just integrate control into an app vi wifi or even Bluetooth. It annoys me endlessly that a company like ecotech wouldn't of used this opportunity to make something great in that arena. Heres to hoping.
 
Ive been thinking about this recently and the reeflink is such an obvious money grab its not even funny. The tech has existed for many years to just integrate control into an app vi wifi or even Bluetooth. It annoys me endlessly that a company like ecotech wouldn't of used this opportunity to make something great in that arena. Heres to hoping.

You think that's bad look at Orphek with there Gateway. $1100 light and you HAVE to spend the extra $75 to even use the thing. Atleast with most Ecotech products they can be run without the Reeflink
 
Im jusy fristr
You think that's bad look at Orphek with there Gateway. $1100 light and you HAVE to spend the extra $75 to even use the thing. Atleast with most Ecotech products they can be run without the Reeflink
Im just upset because i broke my laptop and i dont have a reeflink. I get why it may have started this way for sure. I just hope ecotech leads the pack with integration with mobile and what not.
 
Ecotech seems to agree with you. They have Mobius in Beta testing right now where you won't need any extra equipment, just the app and a compatible "W" chip. From what I've read, newer wireless chips are compatible with Mobius but older ones aren't.
 
Im jusy fristr
Im just ****** off because i broke my laptop and i dont have a reeflink. I get why it may have started this way for sure. I just hope ecotech leads the pack with integration with mobile and what not.

Theres an app to control the Vortechs and Radions... Called Mobius. No reeflink required.
 
Ecotech seems to agree with you. They have Mobius in Beta testing right now where you won't need any extra equipment, just the app and a compatible "W" chip. From what I've read, newer wireless chips are compatible with Mobius but older ones aren't.

Radion G4s and all MPQD controllers have Mobius compatibility. QuietDrive was 2015, so they were capable for 4 years :)
 
Ecotech seems to agree with you. They have Mobius in Beta testing right now where you won't need any extra equipment, just the app and a compatible "W" chip. From what I've read, newer wireless chips are compatible with Mobius but older ones aren't.
Theres an app to control the Vortechs and Radions... Called Mobius. No reeflink required.

Well that would be really awesome, there are several in my store any idea which is what I'm looking for?
 
Well that would be really awesome, there are several in my store any idea which is what I'm looking for?

Message me your email address and I can send you the link to get access to it. Its still invitation or referral only.
 
I am hoping hydros will control radions in the future, Im looking hard at the wave engine
 
Ive been thinking about this recently and the reeflink is such an obvious money grab its not even funny. The tech has existed for many years to just integrate control into an app vi wifi or even Bluetooth. It annoys me endlessly that a company like ecotech wouldn't of used this opportunity to make something great in that arena. Heres to hoping.

Oh you mean like Fluval already has on their Plant 3.0 light.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new