Ecotech Vectra M1

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jdubyo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jdubyo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2018
Messages
196
Reaction score
246
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers!

I am going to be setting up my second reef tank early next month. I ordered a Waterbox 35.1. If you are unfamiliar with the tank, it is a 22 gallon cube at 17.7” with an 11 gallon sump. I currently have a very lightly used Vectra m1 pump that I haven’t used in years. I have been looking for an application for it and am wondering if this would be too over powered for this size tank. I am having trouble finding any information on the minimum flow rate of this pump. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thank you!
 
Here’s what I found. I would assume flow wise you’d be fine even with it tuned all the way down.

84B21E92-6B8D-45BC-ABE5-9ECDF32E7675.jpeg
 
Hard to find the minimum actual flow rate of the Vectras but my M2 on it's lowest setting BARELY pushes any water atall so I don't see it being an issue turning it down, you'd probably still want to run it around 25%
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new