EcoTech Versa Dosing Pump for Automatic Water Changes

Mike1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used mine since the Versas first came out, no issues. While the pump tubing gets “dirty” as mentioned above it really does matter unless it gets brittle which if you keep it lubricated it won’t. I personally change “heads” yearly.
Like the whole head? (new pump) or just tubing asembly? Any tips you might have would be much appreciated I’m looking to do a 1.5 G. water change A day The salt water container is about 10-12Ft. away and I’m just pushing the dirty water to outside drain

Last edited:

beatle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Versas for AWC. As others have mentioned, they are silent when running at a normal dosing speed, and it's nice to be able to see at a glance if they're working. My LM3 did me wrong back in the day when I couldn't tell that one of the pumps had failed. Lack of documentation on the Versas is frustrating. I haven't had any mechanical issues yet, but they're new to me. Don't use the built in AWC template, calculate your rate for continuous use or use a 23h45m schedule, else you may find your pump stopping at midnight.

My biggest gripe with them now is the stability of the app and the requirement to log in every time. Since EcoTech forces you to connect to their incredibly unreliable servers to view your pumps' configuration or status, you're beholden to them keeping them online, and they're sometimes offline for hours. I haven't been able to check my pumps' status all day due to this.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back