Eheim heaters "min waterlevel" line?

alexwong99

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 26, 2023
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9388_4f98f6d1.1024x1024.jpg



This is the heater I'm using. I have the heater positioned diagonally, so stupid me only made sure half of the "min waterlevel" line was below the aquarium's water level, but didn't check or notice that the other half of the line was above the water level.

Do I need to be worried? The entire glass tube (assuming there isn't any glass hidden behind the plastic part) was submerged in water, but a part of the min waterlevel line was above it. What should I be on the lookout for?
 
First, welcome to Reef2Reef....you are going to like it here.


Just submerge the whole thing....no worries! Mine are horizontal at the bottom of my sump.


#WelcometoR2R
 
First, welcome to Reef2Reef....you are going to like it here.


Just submerge the whole thing....no worries! Mine are horizontal at the bottom of my sump.


#WelcometoR2R
Thank you! I've been lurking here for a while.

I guess I'll submerge it. I read it's better to leave the "knob"/"cap" out of the water, but it's too risky having the heater be mounted this high since I might forget to unplug the heater.

Should I be worried at all about how I left the water slightly below the heater's mimimum waterlevel line for a couple hours?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new