El Kae's Bonsai Lagoon 50

Ikikimo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dosed BRS 2 part for a long time. Only recently switxhed to reactor

If you could go back and choose what would you do? You got me kinda turned on to a calcium reactor. However, the initial investment on dosing is about half of the cost of setting up a reactor.

OP
OP
El.Kae

El.Kae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is cruising along. Just a quick night time snap of the tank. Will do a propper update soon. Merry Christmas!
F66D5A51-FA20-427D-98E4-82FD21B6D3AE.jpeg

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Merry Christmas and the tank is looking great. I have to say thanks for the inspiration on using 80/20 for the stand. I’m finishing up my 25g lagoon build over the holidays

55627287970b6fdabd6201cffc6bb482.jpg

OP
OP
El.Kae

El.Kae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Merry Christmas and the tank is looking great. I have to say thanks for the inspiration on using 80/20 for the stand. I’m finishing up my 25g lagoon build over the holidays

55627287970b6fdabd6201cffc6bb482.jpg
Looks awesome! I want to redo mine with a nicer skin. Right now it's just white acrylic.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome! I want to redo mine with a nicer skin. Right now it's just white acrylic.

Thanks it has turned out really well and I’m already planning a small bench like cabinet to put my ato and containers for an auto water change system in as well as a wall mounted cabinet for my electronics.

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful display and rock work! When I saw your last full tank shotxi backed through your thread and saw you were using the new Orphek Atlantik.

After some research I think I'm going to use these instead of the XR15s I was originally planning. I'll use 3 over my 48 x 38 x 22h that I'm setting up now.

Would you buy these lights again after using them for awhile now?

OP
OP
El.Kae

El.Kae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful display and rock work! When I saw your last full tank shotxi backed through your thread and saw you were using the new Orphek Atlantik.

After some research I think I'm going to use these instead of the XR15s I was originally planning. I'll use 3 over my 48 x 38 x 22h that I'm setting up now.

Would you buy these lights again after using them for awhile now?

It's a toss up. The orphek app could use some work. I have intermittent connection issues which requires resetting the gateway. Which then clears any custom profiles stored on the gateway. The light itself is awesome.

NY_Sea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just stumbled upon your threads and wow! Your Red Sea tank was unreal. This new tank seems to be headin* the same direction. Curious why you mad the switch to the Orphex from the radions? After using both which do you prefer. The radion seemed to give you great growth and sick color

Have you made any other changes to your filtration ? Still running the spheres and bio pellets ?

Keep up the great work. Following this thread for sure.

OP
OP
El.Kae

El.Kae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just stumbled upon your threads and wow! Your Red Sea tank was unreal. This new tank seems to be headin* the same direction. Curious why you mad the switch to the Orphex from the radions? After using both which do you prefer. The radion seemed to give you great growth and sick color

Have you made any other changes to your filtration ? Still running the spheres and bio pellets ?

Keep up the great work. Following this thread for sure.

Thanks! Just wanted to try something new. I was having shadowing issues with radion. Orphek just needs to get their App working better and offer a web based controller like Ecotech's.

This system is Filtered with skimmer and a chaeto fuge. I transfered the marine pure spheres over and also added one of their large 8x8x4 blocks.

Everything's settling in for the most part and have started growing and coloring up. Hopefully by spring I'll have some real progress updates.

Tico

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok man I am seriously needing some help. I have a IM 30l sitting in my garage and I’ve been wanting to take out the back chambers. Please tell me how you did it and if you would recommend even doing it to begin with? You’re tank looks amazing!

Craigb350

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Just Wow, that is amazing, love the scape

Do you prefer having both the mp40s on one side, I have always wondered this as I run 1 at each end.

OP
OP
El.Kae

El.Kae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok man I am seriously needing some help. I have a IM 30l sitting in my garage and I’ve been wanting to take out the back chambers. Please tell me how you did it and if you would recommend even doing it to begin with? You’re tank looks amazing!
Hey, I wouldn't recommend it. I got the tank in a trade and did it but was a pita. You pretty much just run a razor blade in between the glass and baffles. Some areas will slice easy, other edges the two are pretty flush so extremely difficult to split.

OP
OP
El.Kae

El.Kae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Just Wow, that is amazing, love the scape

Do you prefer having both the mp40s on one side, I have always wondered this as I run 1 at each end.
I've since switched to one on each side. Either way works really, just less of an eyesore as the pumps are a little big for this size tank.

JAZZYJEFF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've since switched to one on each side. Either way works really, just less of an eyesore as the pumps are a little big for this size tank.
Good evening Kae, when you started the reef did you have to slowly ramp up your feeding to the tank so that cheato had time to react to the tank nutrients or did you proceed as normal and get a bit of algea on the rock and corals??

OP
OP
El.Kae

El.Kae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P.s kind of stole your aquascape idea.... ish... built out of smashed up real reef rock, super glue and a lot of patience!

I am about to do the same. It gives more mounting spots for corals. Tonga is cool but really hard to mount corals to.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • None.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back