El Kae's Bonsai Lagoon 50

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL reef!! Not sure how I missed it before, but following NOW!!
 
Thats a great build! Nice work, man. I think i recognize your profile pic from the MARS fb page. Are you going to the frag swap in the bay area in September?

Thanks! I'm not sure. If my schedule allows it I may go.
 
4F5BD7A5-C0B6-43B0-9F09-8A290643E79A.jpeg
Inspired by El Kae

B7EEFFEE-CE55-4EEE-A7A0-245AF3967317.jpeg
 
Last edited:
This makes me want to rescape my Tonga branches now... well done, beautiful tank.
How did you rescape after they were wet and with coral on them ?
 
This makes me want to rescape my Tonga branches now... well done, beautiful tank.
How did you rescape after they were wet and with coral on them ?

Thanks! For me I pluck all the corals off, break the scape apart and acid dip. Create the new scape then put it back in. I do go through a small algea bloom as the rock settles in, but nothing crazy. And after a couple weeks it's mostly covered in coraline again.
 
Did you ever have any problems with the vertex omega 130 on your reefer 170. Was it hard to adjust? Did it ever overflow on you? Would you have gotten a different protein skimmer in the beginning after having it on your reefer 170? ANy advice would help.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new