Electrical question...

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess check to see if any other outlets inside aren’t working.

OP
OP
Dom

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OKAY! So I found the problem...

As it turns out, the problem was located at the light switch. While the white wire that feeds the outdoor outlet was connected, the black wire was capped off.

I'm not sure why this was done. Perhaps when the electric was redone in the kitchen, they didn't know what the wire was for and just capped it. Or maybe they intended to reconnect it and forgot.

So here is what we have in the picture:

1. The black and white pair in the 9 o'clock position are the power.

2. The pair at the 6 o'clock position feed the outdoor outlet (confirmed via continuity test).

3. The pair at the 3 o'clock position feed the outdoor light.

My connection plan is:

1. All whites tied together.

2. Black from the power will tied to the black going to the outlet. Off of this, a black jumper to one side of the switch and the black from the light tied to the other side of the switch.

Thoughts?

IMG_8134.jpeg

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OKAY! So I found the problem...

As it turns out, the problem was located at the light switch. While the white wire that feeds the outdoor outlet was connected, the black wire was capped off.

I'm not sure why this was done. Perhaps when the electric was redone in the kitchen, they didn't know what the wire was for and just capped it. Or maybe they intended to reconnect it and forgot.

So here is what we have in the picture:

1. The black and white pair in the 9 o'clock position are the power.

2. The pair at the 6 o'clock position feed the outdoor outlet (confirmed via continuity test).

3. The pair at the 3 o'clock position feed the outdoor light.

My connection plan is:

1. All whites tied together.

2. Black from the power will tied to the black going to the outlet. Off of this, a black jumper to one side of the switch and the black from the light tied to the other side of the switch.

Thoughts?

IMG_8134.jpeg
Solved!!! Yep those are the correct connection points....when you're done there, call me, cause you're hired! ;)

Glad you got it sorted Dom.

OP
OP
Dom

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Solved!!! Yep those are the correct connection points....when you're done there, call me, cause you're hired! ;)

Glad you got it sorted Dom.

I love troubleshooting electric. Thank you for the help!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back