Elegance dipping

  • Thread starter Thread starter Arabyps
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Arabyps

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 18, 2019
Messages
941
Reaction score
5,619
Location
Palm Springs, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There seems to be differing opinions on whether to dip an elegance or not. Some say they are too delicate for CoralRX and recommend iodine. Any experience with dipping elegance and issues and/ort side effects? Generally the school of thought is to dip all coral (not nems, inverts, etc.).
 
I do not dip corals now - when I did - I did use an iodine based dip with no problems - there are many threads concerning this
 
What are you dipping it for? Every new frag I get ,I dip in bayer then iodine. some time's also a peroxide dip.ACI wholesalers dip elegance coral or other lps corals that came in, in bad shape. In a ChemiClean dip.2 1/2 scoops per quart of tank water for 20/30 minutes with air circulation.
 
I dipped my elegance in CoralRX with no ill effect. It was an aquacultured aussie elegance, so probably hardier than wild-sourced ones, but it's thriving now.
 
Aussie elegance here, dipped it in coral RX. It's the beast of my tank. Read horror stories about keeping them alive, but this guy is the toughest of the bunch. Even when my tank was infested with dinos, it just kept on growing while everything else died. I say dip it if it's an aussie.
 
I have a gold-tipped centerpiece Indo Elegance coming in on Tuesday, March 16 from LiveAquaria DD. I’ll be dipping it in Bayer Advanced Complete insect killer 15 ml per cup for 10 minutes. I’ll be dipping it at least 3 times 7 days apart to kill any flatworms and their offspring. Also, Gall Crabs.
 
Thanks. A guy who goes by the name Elegance Coral (EC) wrote a very persuasive piece on another board on how to handle it. Says it’s all about the lighting.
 
Purchased elegance from lfs in Austin, traveled for 3.5 hours to destination, dipped in Seachem dip, along with other corals purchased, only found copepods on em. Followed instructions on bottle, no I'll effects.
 
I found one of these in the head of a very expensive newly acquired pink tip last night. It is completely eating its way out and I think the elegance is screwed. I’ve had the Coral for less than two weeks and now I’m worried about that crab moving onto the other scoly’s or other LPS in the tank after it’s done with this.. I think it’s too late for any kind of dip Corliss to stress would you guys take the Coral out of the tank before the crab moves on? I wish I could get a picture of it but it’s so small my eyes can hardly see it.
 
I don’t know why this popped up here that was a response to someone finding a gall crab in the head of their elegance. I seem to be suffering with the same problem, and I think it’s too far past dipping and I definitely can’t dig that little ******* out of there if anybody has any ideas, please please let me know this Coral was a birthday present and I haven’t had it for two weeks.
 
I just bought an elegance about 3 weeks ago. It got dipped in CoralRx AND iodine before it went in my tank. Looks great. Opened up about 3x the size it was when I saw it at the LFS.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new