Elegance super slimming fast decline

Angeleyes reefraf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS Got me and elegance Coral and had it in the shop for a week in great condition. I brought it home the 13th Of this month it did great for a week opened even more than it did for him Couldn't of opened anymore or been any more beautiful then overnight it didn't want to really open The 2nd day It didn't really open was water change day so I did a change checked everything All the parameters were great except I have slightly elevated phosphates which are being taken care of On the 3rd day it didn't really open it all so I took it out examined it didn't see any tissue damage anything like that although it was pretty well closed put it in my 20 gallon tank to keep an eye on it still had a little bit of slime the 4th day which is today I did a freshwater dip And then it super slimed after lights out pictures following any advice would be great.

20210313_175246.jpg 20210315_134253.jpg 20210324_123409.jpg 20210325_014049.jpg

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are you freshwater dipping your corals? Probably sent it into osmotic shock which might kill it.
What are your water parameters? Not sure what those lights are but they likely aren't sufficient for LPS par output.

OP
OP
Angeleyes reefraf

Angeleyes reefraf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water parameters are good salinity 1.024 Temperature 78 Nitrates between five-and-ten Ammonia alkalinity ph on normal calcium 450-500 I was told I could freshwater dip it to make sure there was nothing cralling on it to irritated or anything like that And those pictures were taken during lights off so your not seeing any of my tank lights on their There actually light specifically for coral there just not turned on this was after lights out They couldn't be filaments instead of slime could it

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that's good its coming back. Yeah, id never freshwater dip a coral, use a coral dip to guard against pests on coral.

Sounds like your water is stable, it might just need some time to adjust to your tanks conditions vs where it came from. The best thing you can prob do is leave it alone and not do anything too dramatic with water perimeters.

OP
OP
Angeleyes reefraf

Angeleyes reefraf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's close today but the flesh I can see looks healthy Still has great colour Don't know if I should try and iodine dip or just leave it alone for a few days I just don't want something to get out of control that I could have done something about

20210324_123409.jpg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back